TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i don't know if any of you are familar with HID retrofits into automotive headlights, but i just finished installing audi projectors into my accord and they are the sh*t! It was a night and day difference from my headlights+fogs to just the HID projectors. Anyways, i wanted to try and find the euro projector headlight for the TLR but they are super rare so i figured i would just retrofit one projector into the TLR headlight....HOWEVER, the lens on the TLR is not smooth like most "newer headlights" which would throw the light beam off if i put the projector behind the lens. My question is, is there a way to "shave" the plastic so it is smooth again on just the left side of the headlight? or am i out of luck with this idea? I know there are clear lens that i can glue on, but i know i can pull the headlight apart and reuse it. Plus, with the one side retaining the halogen bulb, there wont be anything on the lens to "aim" the light output...and I just want one projector because if the ballast ever fails at night i know i will have one working headlight for sure.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I've got the projector thang on my TLR & the lens isn't totally clear or smooth ... doesn't affect it as far as I can tell :laugh

Hang on I'll try find a pic ...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
if you can get the assembly appart you can grind then pollish a spot for your projector to shine through...all the prisims are on the inside ...good luck...

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The European TL headlights with one projector are smooth glass in a circular area just in front of the separate convex projector lens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts