TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The low beams on my headlights aren't working. They didn't both stop working at the same time though. I noticed at one point that only one was on, but when you flipped the highbeams on both lights worked. Now none of the lowbeams work, but when you flip the switch both lights come on. Is there a way to test the bulb itself to see if its just the lowbeam filliment that burned out and not something else wrong?
It is kind of cool having an on/off head light switch though. :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
pull it out and look at it is the easiest way :thumbup

pull the 3-pin black connector off the bulb, pull off the rubber bulb cover, and undo the clip and slide the bulb out. theres 2 filaments in each bulb...if you see one broken, thats the problem. when installing the new bulbs dont touch the glass with your fingers :thumbup

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
$10 says it is the Hi/lo beam switch. I had the same thing happen to me and the white wire in the switch had come off. I soldered it back on and haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the bulbs and I'm guessing that there should be two separate little spring thingies one for each beam? Well there is only one intact and the other is busted.

So now does anyone know a good place for bulbs?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
any auto parts store...you're looking for H4 bulbs, should be super easy to find. get what you want...I recommend the sylvania silver stars though...nice and bright, worth the extra few $$ :thumbup

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
:stupid H4 bulbs aka 9003 (or is it 9004:confused, oh well, take your old one along.) in the USA.

Extender, you owe someone $10. :lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, here's something funny. I went online to advanced autoparts.com to see what bulbs they had and I was surprised when I saw a picture of the bulbs.
When I pulled the bulb out to check it today, yes one of the filliments were gone, but until I just saw the picture I didn't notice that the GLASS WAS MISSING. This morning I was riding a heard a pop, I thought I just ran over something with my front tire. But i guess the glass part of the bulb burst.
Any idea what would cause this??

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
either touching the glass with your fingers, or maybe water got into the housing somehow :O

definitely try to get all teh fragments out before you put in your new bulbs...which will require removing the headlight assembly. you dont want that glass flying around in there and potentially causing problems

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man I appreciate the offer, but I'll just pick up a couple of them from the local parts store.

I checked out your myspace page man, where were those group buy pictures taken, that looks like a sweet trip.

Thanks again for the offer man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts