TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from having the frame welded (rotary damper mount snapped!) Got all the wiring back together and the bike fired right up. I have a high beam, but no low beam, how can I tell if I blew it out or if its a fuse or a wiring issue??:confused

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help! :(

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Check the fuse, check the bulb, check you got power at the socket, check the plugs are plugged right then start chasing the gremlins :(

Did you get the frame powder coated at the same time? I would :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked fuses, they look good...is there 2 separate bulbs for low and high? ive never gotten in there..as for the frame, i was ready to go nuts..this season has practically been a wash for me, i think winter project will be black powder coating on frame and mabey wheels although i may leave em gold to see how it goes

·
Registered
676 Posts
:dunno Maybe take the headlight switch apart and clean with contact cleaner? :dunno Other than that, I don't have any good suggestions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the plug that like connects from your highlow beam switch into the main harness..I think it was yellow.. I started wiggling wires and the headlight would turn on and off.. I ended up eliminating the plug.

·
Registered
629 Posts
get a new light bulb. Try easy stuff first. Then check relay.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
bro, seriously did you try a different bulb before anything else? lights sometimes blow. I have an R model so i dunno about the S models for sure. But the high beam and the low beam are both in the same bulb and i think you have 2 ( the R has 2 lights on the US model) so maybe just the high beam blew?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
:stupid

I've had it happen before where I only had high beams and it was just the low beam filament in the bulb which was dead. Two new bulbs and I was good to go. :thumbup

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had a problem with my tiller headlight where the wires are soldered into the switch. It seems that suzuki did a piss poor job of soldering these connections, and thusly they keep coming loose. There is a hot wire going into the switch and one wire each coming out for both the high and low beam. I would guess that you lost one of the wires going out of the switch to the bulb. Easy fix, just take the switch housing apart and check the connections...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts