TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put stock header on my tlr replacing a custom made undertail system. I am having troubl getting the short pipe into the other part of the header once its on any sugestions please respond

·
Registered
432 Posts
when i put mine back I made sure the exhaust was all together, You will just need to lift the bike to get it back on though.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Loosely fit everything then tightened it up slowly.

Can you be more specific about which short piece you're talking about? The rear header or where the two headers join?

C

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sorry I couldn't really think of any special tricks...hopefully someone here can get you set up. The old gasket is out of the header right? I haven't wrestled with the R yet. With the S I had problems but nothing a little wriggling and force couldn't handle. Free bump.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I am trying to put stock header on my tlr replacing a custom made undertail system. I am having troubl getting the short pipe into the other part of the header once its on any sugestions please respond
I had a problem getting my stock header back on as well and this is what I did....

#1 Remove the cans (after alot of swearing)

#2 Called my Big Italian Bother-in-law to lift the arse end of the bike up while I shoved the exhaust up and under then he sat it back on the rear stand, Then it was a piece of cake just bolt up... Just have someone lift the arse end up while you slide the exhaust up or vice versa.

·
Registered
319 Posts
here's a trick; use your side stand as a balancing point and have someone lift the rear wheel off the ground while you position the hedder under the bike:pirate

:bwtiller

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the input guys its not on yet been workin alot the ones with putting it together first then puttin it on all sound like it works so when I get off at 830 tomarrow am I will give that a shot , once again thanks everyone . will update
Big E

1 - 8 of 8 Posts