TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure whats wronq, but the my buddy's Hayabusa starts up, runs fine, head lamp works, but the dash is completely dead, and so are all blinkers and liqhts. He had a few thinqs attached to the battery (LEDS, power commander, undertail kit) so we disconnected all the aftermarket stuff and still the same problem. Wonderin if anyone is familiar with the Hayabusa's electrical system, and if a relay or fuse may be the culprit. Thanks in advance everyone :O :O

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Sounds like a blown fuse. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact that it fires up and starts is qood, and does point toward somethin like a fuse. Does anyone know where I could find a Hayabusa repair manual to download? Or just where a fuse holder would be located on the busa?

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Just a guess mind you, but I'd look under the fairings.:O

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Does it have higher wattage bulbs??? Suzuki had a problem on the 600's and 750's with the wiring. They run the power for many things through the right handlbar switch. If people hold the flash to pass button to long or run high wattage bulbs the solder melts in the switch. The fuses should be in the front by the ram air tubes, check them first. If they are all good take the right side switch apart and look for a loose wire...

I will check to see if I still have my update manuals at my house. I let you know if I can at least give you a color code to look for...:)

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
...google it:O

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I've been googling like crazy for the repair manual, no luck (not for a free pdf anyhow). And all of his bulbs are stock. Headlamp works, but all gauges, brake lights, signals, dash lights are completely dead. The fuel pup primes just fine, and the bike fires up and starts like there's nothing wrong. Since the headlamp is working, it does seem like it would be a relay or fuse that controls all of the "accessory" electrical components.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure whats wronq, but the my buddy's Hayabusa starts up, runs fine, head lamp works, but the dash is completely dead, and so are all blinkers and liqhts. He had a few thinqs attached to the battery (LEDS, power commander, undertail kit) so we disconnected all the aftermarket stuff and still the same problem. Wonderin if anyone is familiar with the Hayabusa's electrical system, and if a relay or fuse may be the culprit. Thanks in advance everyone :O :O
Busa.gr on the internet for download

1 - 12 of 12 Posts