TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... having a lift tops it off :)

If you work on your own bike it's worth investing in one, it makes things so much easier. No more constant bending down. Maintenance is a breeze. I've got the wheels out to get some SuperCorsa's fitted for my upcoming track day.

CFB1

I had to make a new tool to get the front axle out. A 24mm nut (ex swingarm pivot nut off my old '89 GSXR750) welded to an old sparkplug spanner. I chose the plug spanner because I can slip a 3/4" socket on the end and use my breaker bar or air gun to get it loose, then use my normal 3/8" drive set to undo it / install it.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Ive been shopping a little for a lift. Want a larger capacity compressor first. 90 gal 2 cyl with a minium output of [email protected] would be nice. I have a devilbiss 25 gal 1 cyl with a [email protected] now and its working itself to death with the sanders im wanting to use.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I make do with a 10.5gallon compressor :laugh Handy for tyres. :) 90gallon ~ 340 litre tank :hail

W

·
0 Posts
that's perfect for somewhat older wrenchers steve :) :laugh

i just keep 'on breaking my back till i'm 40 :devious

seriously, nice kit :thumbup

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
wreckah said:
that's perfect for somewhat older wrenchers steve :) :laugh
:rant :rant :rant

I have on like that too!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Ha... I won't be impressed until you have half the bike supported by a bottle jack. :laugh

Best tool EVER! (the lift, not the bottle jack).

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That's cool... if the garage is built high enough.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AU.TLS said:
Is that one of those ones which go regularly on Ebay Steve???
Possibly, it's a cheapy. Waspo posted up one day that a guy down here had excess stock, I was in my car 1/2 hour later to go pick one up. It was the weekend AFTER I did the valve clearance on the TL, I was still stooped over :banghead

Pre-lift days. (Trolley jack instead of a bottle jack Bern :))

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very nice:thumbup I'm still working on the garage part:banghead

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Good bit of kit mate:drool and as you say ,saves the back for us geriatrics:lol

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Agreed. wife bought me a Handy lift about 5 years ago....it's one tool I would never be w/o now. Doubles as a parking spot for bike not being ridden as well.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
BurnCycle said:
Ha... I won't be impressed until you have half the bike supported by a bottle jack. :laugh
Or your home made woodstand :devious

But yes a bikelift is a great upgrade for the garage :hail

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, bike lifts and homemade tools.......makes me love motorcycling even more! Woo Hoo! :hail

1 - 14 of 14 Posts