TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know I bought a new truck about a month ago....well, Saturday I had an 18yr old kid come across 3 lanes of traffic with no warning or blinker and kindly "merge" into me. The damage to my truck was minimal but I'm still pissed off.

Lucky, no one was hurt. (My wife and son were with me.) My wife is also my insurance agent and when she ran the claim the kid has had 2 prior at fault accidents in the last 18 months. WTF?? Thank GOD this didn't happen and hour sooner as I had been out on the tiller all morning. He was driving a midsize suv and let me tell you...The entire left side of his suv was destroyed. I didn't have a digital camera at the scene but the damage to my truck isn't an indication of how much damage he took at all.

Can you belive that the kid swore up and down that he looked several times and didn't see me at all? The officer just laughed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like you came out OK.Good thing noone was hurt.

What is it about a new vehicle? Lady pulled out in front of me in a snowstorm a while back. I had 2 sleds on the trailer. Truck had 9K on it.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Thats gotta suck :thumbdown

Be me, I'd kill the little ****er :fire :crazy

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Damn that sucks. Well, at least you should have an easier time with it than we had with my wife's wreck.

BTW, there's two accident magnets. One is brand new vehicles. The second is vehicles about to be paid off. We were looking forward to a few years without payments...

·
Registered
146 Posts
No injuries. $14K, actually bent the rear axle housing and tore the springs outta the mounts. Funny part was we had to ride the sleds home, about 8 hrs.

Wife's car is another magnet. With just under 2k on it, had $5500 damage done to it by shopping carts at the supermarket one night.....well, it as a tornado.

First(and last) brand new cages I've ever bought.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
cell phone???????

kinda messes with your periferial vision...sorry to hear about your new truck

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Damn, that sucks! Question though, how do you like your CTD? What year is it? I am looking at selling my 2000 Off Road Ram and getting an 03 or 04 CTD 4x4 like yours.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Awsome truck, shame about the accident, but at least ya came out pretty good all things considered.

Crashtd, your one to talk about kids driving SUV's:lol

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
no kidding, only thing louder then the TL is them fricking Turbo Cummings Diesels. Sitting next to one on the TL... he steps on the gas and it sounds like a fricking JET taking off next to me...

ya'll get a new door out of it, but has to be scarry seeing an SUV comming at your window.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
How the hell does one miss seeing a Dodge 2500 crew cab pickup truck. Kinda hard to miss. God help his next victim if it is a chick in her Honda Civic!

If it is any consolation, it is safe to say is insurance will go from merely being "expensive" to financing the US national debt proportions :D

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
As for not seeing stuff. Some fellow this spring blew though a stopsign on a motorcycle and hit a bluebird school buss. Said he didn't see it (or notice that the road he was on T'd into another road). How the heck do you miss the broad side of a 40' bright yellow bus?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, that sucks! Question though, how do you like your CTD? What year is it? I am looking at selling my 2000 Off Road Ram and getting an 03 or 04 CTD 4x4 like yours.
So far I'm loving it. It is an 06 that only has 4,000 miles on it so I really can't comment on too much. It is a mega, 4x4, TCD and gets @ 17mpg. I don't think that too bad considering. The mileage should get better once I hit 10,000 miles. My only complaint is that the seats are a bit hard but the ride is considerable softer and more "plush" than earlier year models of the 2500 4x4 Rams. I've spent a lot of time in the 2500 Dodge Rams and the new suspension is a great improvement. I think you would like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts