1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
nope, but i'm thinking i might.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I just had to cut the shit out of my OEM tray to get my undertail on so this looks pretty good
Looks as if you dont have to cut off the luggage hooks off either

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Top gun looks alot better IMHO

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks very similar to the R Hotbodies undertail. I think it really smooths out the back end.......throw an integrated tailight in and your set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any chance TLS and TLR undertails are interchangeable?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Wouldn't think so - the back ends look to be a different shape. But don't trust me :laugh

I, personally, don't like those 2 light jobs - looks like someone has tried to tart up a Hillman Imp or a Ford Anglia ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have the same one as vagrant radio. The directions were horrible and it was a pain in the arse to put on because you have to trim the hell out of the factory battery undertray. This one looks much better and make sme want to swap mine out for it. I don't like the twin lights because you can't see them well looking level at the rear end. I prefer when others know when I am on the brakes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have the same one as vagrant radio. The directions were horrible and it was a pain in the arse to put on because you have to trim the hell out of the factory battery undertray. This one looks much better and make sme want to swap mine out for it. I don't like the twin lights because you can't see them well looking level at the rear end. I prefer when others know when I am on the brakes.
Yeah, looks like some guy fabbed it up in his garage. You can't see the brake lights worth a shit and the turn signals are dim as hell. I ended up wiring a bunch of brighter l.e.d.s for the signals. Wish I would have fitted it before leaving feedback.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
It's probably been shown & talked about before but has anybody got any pic's of the Topgun undertail fitted and if they had any hassles fitting it?

Are the lights "bad" on it too, would I be looking to to do what Vagrant did..........l.e.d's?

I know in the Uk a company called Rhencullen can supply & they're not cheap but they're one of the better looking trays I've seen available.......

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I have a TG or similar on the womans CBR... Shit lights, many, many times I have had to make hard stops when behind her.

I have to always ride behind her bacause the nice big TL light is easily seen.

When I ride her bike I have to very careful and use hand signals. Directionals are useless. Riding at night is almost out of the question and the 2 little round lights appear to ba a car way off in the distance... A single light is better because it isn't easily confused for a car in the distance.

This at the top of my winter mod list TO GET RID OF!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
That bad Chuck:dowhat how about retaining my small led winkers and trying to replace shit std lights again with led's?

All I want to do before next spring is junk that pile of black plastic shite and replace it with an undertail BUT like others out there I like lights that can be seen!! don't have to be fookin' huge but bright :hail

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
That bad Chuck:dowhat how about retaining my small led winkers and trying to replace shit std lights again with led's?

All I want to do before next spring is junk that pile of black plastic shite and replace it with an undertail BUT like others out there I like lights that can be seen!! don't have to be fookin' huge but bright :hail
Yeah you can get the tail but plan to replace the lights or maybe add a couple aftermarket directionals like I'm going to do.

I Chopped off my hunk of shit see: http://www.chucksirois.com/TL1000/Fender-Elim/fender-elim.htm

But I like to do things my self. Plus you will have to slash the exhaust to really see the cat-eye directionals.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I'd have thought it's a fairly good bet that you can replace/substitute the lights they use:O LED's seem to be available in virtually any shape or form?

thanks for the feedback Chuck anyway :thumbup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive seen one in person and have to say its not very nice. You could spend just a bit more and get a better undertail or spend the $$$ on a 520 chain converson and go faster. just my $.02

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
It's probably been shown & talked about before but has anybody got any pic's of the Topgun undertail fitted and if they had any hassles fitting it?

Are the lights "bad" on it too, would I be looking to to do what Vagrant did..........l.e.d's?

I know in the Uk a company called Rhencullen can supply & they're not cheap but they're one of the better looking trays I've seen available.......
I find the leds on the topgun to be fine....bloody bright.............as for fitting,it wasnt to bad really........hardest part was working out just how much to cut off the oem undertray....just kept snippen till it fitted,i reckon buying them of extreme graphics is the way to go...i tried getting one through Rhencullen and they dicked me about so much that after 3-4 months i told them to stick it.............

1 - 20 of 35 Posts