TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to change plugs on a 1991 Honda CBR F2?
I've got a line on what seems like a hell of a deal, and the guy says it needs new plugs, and that it's hard to change 'em.

Anyone know? I changed them on my '90 Katana and it wasn't all that difficult :O

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I can't imagine it'd be too hard, definately not harder than the TL. I've done them on my gixxers and it's pretty easy. However for the mechanically uninclined it can always be daunting, what with all the crap you have to remove to get the airbox out of the way. Haven't done it myself on an F2 though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was just looking the service manual for the CBR 600 F2 91-94
and from the pics I dont think it's that hard... Just like any usual
in line four:dowhat

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jumped on the CBR forum and I guess it's tough, but not mechanically (if that makes any since, lol) just not a lot of room. You can see from the pic below there's not a lot of room, but maybe if you can move the rad it would be easier :O

(sorry about the size)

·
14,150 Posts
Looks as bad as any other inline four.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I had one for 10 years, it's more difficult than the tl.

key is to get the right plug wrench. either one from the toolkit or another one the exact same length.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks as bad as any other inline four.
that's just a pic I grabbed from bikepics.com to show the engine. might be easier to just pay the dealer to change them

·
14,150 Posts
I'd at least give it a shot, see how bad it really is.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just do it, even if you had to drop the motor down a bit it wouldn't even take all day:thumbup

·
Registered
813 Posts
How do i joi/n the cbr forum?
I have a 97 600 that i need a manual for...

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uh...go to cbrforum.com and click the REGISTER link...would have thought that would have been trivial

1 - 11 of 11 Posts