TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big fan of cheap tools, but have found that Harbor Freight is actually "just what I need" sometimes. If its a tool that I won't use often nor depend heavily on, some of their stuff fits the bill just fine. Anyone had any experience with either of their MityVac-type brake bleeder systems?
TIA
Jeff

·
Registered
938 Posts
I bought one from them about 3 yrs ago. It's still going strong. They have the Mity-Vac clone bleeder kit but they also have the actual Mity-Vac brand bleeder as well. I bought the all gray plastic Mity-Vac one. The only problem I've had is that the clear tube needs to be replaced every other year. but replacement hose is dirt cheap. HarborFrieght is a great place to shop when you only need a certain tool once...because the tool you buy will most likely brake during your first project. This isn't the case with their brake bleeder though. Great product! I also recommend their motorcycle wheel chock for use in trailers.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I love HarborFreight, they have the craziest stuff for dirt cheap! Bougth alot of stuff there, just don't go with the "chicago" jigsaw, it broke down after about a year without even using it much. They also have awesome customer service and will replace stuff really easy. However, I bought my brake bleeder at PebBoys for $35, they're just about 10mls closer to me than HF. It's an aweseome piece of equipment, don't know the brand of hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts