TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my bday is coming up and i have been wanting to get some stands and not looking at breaking the bank, a friend sent me this link http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/product_view.asp?idProduct=167&D=5&S=0i have spoken with a few people about these and they have no complaints, i know they arent pitbulls or anything great like that but has anyone had any experience with these? any thoughts opinions?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I bought a cheapy stand off ebay and it works quite well, after I figured out how to assemble it properly (some washers had to be omitted) to keep it from wobbling).

·
Registered
99 Posts
i dont have any experiance with this brand but they look exactly like a set my buddy got off ebay for his bike. I used them on my FZR and was not very happy. The whole bike wobbled anytime i even touched it and i didn't even bother trying to use them for the TL...I was afraid the stands would buckle with the TL sitting on them. I have had my bike on a pit bull and i recommend that fully...Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Stay away from that crap.. get a spool set up (see $5) and get a spool stand.
I've used lots of swing arm style stand and i fooking hate them.. they just don't seem secure.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i got a rear stand real similar to these.

foolishly i got the poxy rubber cradles, rather than the bobbin ones. the cradles sit under the swingarm, rather than into the bobbins.

as a result, the weight of the tlr ended up just sliding the stand out from under the rear of the bike.

to this day, im not sure how i caught the bike, or how i stopped it from falling over.

it was the longest tyre change ever.

all i learnt was, DONT BUY THE POXY CRADLE THINGS, make sure you get the real bobbin type ones.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
I have a set of the Handy Stands, they work fine, quite well actually. You can get them with the pads or the bobbin cradles, same price. Just order them for the bobbins and all will be good. These are not the eBay units, better quality. You will be satisfied with them I am sure.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I'd never trust those in the land of earthquakes (Japan)...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I had a set and the rear worked VERY well. The front wasn't quite as nice, but it still did the job(read a lil shaky).. But for the $$ they're worth it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok cool, thanks guys, yeah im tryin to stay at the 100 dollar range for both, just makes it easier financially on everyone :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
you would definately want the spool adaptors, the rubber bits just slide off. Mine is basically a c-cup that holds the SA.

Note, if your stand is wobbly, it's probably because it's a 3 piece design and the attachments that go up to hold the bike aren't sercurely attached to the handle. the best best would be to weld the joint.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
That front stand probably works quite nice on a TL. But probably won't with any other bike. With my TL I had a similar front stand but with adjustable pins! Now I can use it for my bandit as well! And probably every bike I'll have from now on..:)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I've heard good things about the handy's. Definately stay away from the universal as has been stated. The front should work OK though you'd probably have to do slight adjustments manually for different bikes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have a set, front & rear, love them.
Cheap, works, and hold up well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts