TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed TLDV8s advice and removed swingarm and regreased everything then set about with the damper.....pretty easy really after i had finally worked out which way the brackets went......have only been for a short ride so far and all seems good......most amazing thing was when i took it off the paddock stand and sat on the bike i actually have some movement....the old thing was like a rock...

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:banghead what i have got is a hell of a squeak......a horrible something needs lube squeak....cant tell if its coming from the damper or the shock....got me a bit worried....i had nothing to go off when installing damper as no instructions came with it....and theres no pics anywere of one installed on a TL.....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Lube all the joints, squeeze some WD40 in the pivots and stuff as I'll bet your squeak is there.

Many happy posts on here about the Hagon. Then that dang Bitubo came out for a little bit more than the Hagon and the Hagon was quickly forgotten.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
inspect your SOAS mine needs oil every couple of months or it sounds like a rusty old tank when dismounting

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
is that the right way in mate :devious :devious

hey its a very neat fit. let us now how it proforms when you take it for a good long blast

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that the right way in mate :devious :devious

hey its a very neat fit. let us now how it proforms when you take it for a good long blast
:dowhat it bloody better be mate.....:laugh :laugh that was the thing...no instructions...not even a pic to go look at..........its working so am guessin its right...

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After just getting back from a.........lets call it spirited ride over the pigroot and back.......awsome....maybe not an ohlins..dunno never ridden a tl with one.......so much better than the stock damper.....think i will adjust a bit more on the + side tommorow but very happy indeed..........

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good job Mike (install and pics) :thumbup

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers steve....cant tell you enough how much better it is than the stock damper........very confidence inspiring through the twistys....even stationary its strange to be able to sit on the bike....move up and down and see the spring work......as i said before the old damper was like a rock..........just did nothing......

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
If it squeaks (not squeeze), check the spring guide of the red spring!

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it squeezes, check the spring guide of the red spring!

Greetings
Rufer
Rufer..........is that english for squeaks......? if so your right mate......had a spray about with CRC and its dissapeared.........:laugh

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Oh, yes, that was German-English :banghead

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, yes, that was German-English :banghead

Greetings
Rufer
:laugh :laugh so i guessed..........must have read between the lines.....my mother is German..........maiden name is Nahr...........:laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...sounds like you were starting to speak a little Japanglish there for a minute:laugh...

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Hey Mike, is there only one plate to hold that damper in place :confused the piccies i've seen of the set-up show two plates and the shock the other way up :O

though it makes sense the way you have it mounted so you can get at the adjuster :O :coocoo

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
in one of the pics it looks like he got 2 plates

nicelly done and great pics :thumbup

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:banghead you are right moose.............bugger me......if its mounted on the bike as in your pic then theres no way you can get to the adjuster......also if its mounted that way its would be a hell of a job getting it to fit in the bottom mount as that end is wider....we did look at it but you would have to get really serious with a hammer to get it in there....surely not..:coocoo those things combined with the stickers upside down that way convinced me that it went the other way.......bloody hell...what to do know....:O wondering if its possible that the one in the pic is upside down.....

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I don't know if it's right or wrong or even matters. Will it fit in the other way?

If it spaced out ok, it's not binding or anything I'd leave it as it. :dunno Their display isn't in a bike and who knows who put it together for the display?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts