TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tempted to sell the whole lock stock and barrel of bikes and just get out of it! I think I'm doing well, and I just keep scewing up!:banghead My TV system has been out all week long, and there is nothing to do here except talk to you, and you're not even here cause it's Saturday night! My husband is in Bogota', blah blah blah! lol
I like my TLR better than the new GSXR, my movie thing doesn't work on my computer and i can't even watch a movie on this thing! lol I dont have any wine for tonight, and I just soon go to bed now!
Just blowing steam, don't mine me!
denee'

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like an overall crap weekend from this end! Well its a sunny sunday here in oz, but i have a pile of crap to do around the house, but with a bottle of wine it will be ok. Splitting the cases of my TLR motor this arvo will be nerve racking, i'm going INSANE here without the TL on the road, it's already been a month, and ive had to ride a 50cc scooter 250miles each week! waaaah! (hope this makes you feel a little better)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Read a book!

·
Registered
608 Posts
if u make u feel better, i put new rotors on my 05 750 and the braking is weird it is real pulsey like the rotors are warped and i feel like i wasted my money but then again i only put about 20 miles on it, what to do.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, didn't think about a book! thank you! I may go work on my sewing machine. I bought an industrial and just now kind of getting it up and working. I plan to cover some seats in my RAv4, the back seats anyway. I bought some carbon fiber upholstery to do it with. Should be entertaining! Sorry if I sounded like I don't have a life. Just a little upset about the bike that I bought, but things will work out, I really like the bike.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds like someone needs chocolate:laugh

I've had some similar luck if it makes you feel any better....how's this:

I sold my '78 XL250 back in July. It ran just fine then mind you. The guy that bought it from me said "I can't pick it up from you today, so here's half the money, and I'll pick it up from you next week and give you the other half." "Oh and by the way, keep riding it daily to work, will you?" Sounded great to me. About 3 days into my week, I was riding home, and suddenly, the thing wouldn't drop down from 3rd gear...no matter how hard I stomped on it. So I slipped the clutch on it all the way home. Popped the motor open...fugged the tranny. Neat. I just finished it up today after multiple wrong turns....I'm not done yet.

I then went out and bought myself a '73 XL250...from the original owner...he and his wife had their first date on the thing...she was gutted by the way that he was selling it. Anyway, was riding home from work on it one warm afternoon in Sept. when the thing just up and died (I knew immediately it had fouled a plug). So there I was in full gear stuck on a bridge no less fumbling with my key ready to access the neat tool-kit under the seat. Stuck the key in the slot and gave it a nice turn...."twist"...my key breaks:banghead I push the thing 3 miles home.:coocoo

Went out on Friday (beautiful fall Seattle morning), push the TL out of the garage, thumb the quick idle, turn the key, get the 5 second "whir" and punch the starter, only to hear it cough up a dirty hairball out the rear cylinder---and foul yet another plug.:banghead :coocoo

....I think I'll have some beer instead of chocolate, though....keep em comming would ya:coocoo

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99tls, hmmm lets think about this! Warped rotors? CAn you turn the wheel freehandlely and see the warpness? or distinquish which one is warped? I'm pretty good at that. I bent a rotor once when putting my bike on a trailer, andwhen I went to get the bike off the trailer, the front brakes were gone!! I found used rotors, and had to be carefull from that day forth. I hope you get it figured out!
a friend here,
denee'

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well gosh HH!! You're making me feel sorrier for you than myself! I'm sorry! I had an XL250~ 1974 model, Honda right? Great bike! I hate having to push a bike; I have a story there, but takes too much typing to tell it. We all could sure get together and tell/share some stories!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was able to ride my "new" GSXR600, I'm amazed how much countersteering it takes to go around curves/corners. I really have to push the opposite handlebar to go the desired direction. Kind of neat in a way, makes the bike really lean over. Just something else to say!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish we all didn't live so far apart, there should be a neighborhood where we all live and can all give each other hell, and fun too!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
:banghead what can I say, I'm a sucker for other people's old junk.:banghead

If I was single with no kids, I wouldn't mind it so much...but add it all together and it's enough to make one go a little :crazy

Here's the 3 offenders:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gosh, the second one brings back memories. I had so much fun with that bike! I would go down creeks, and trails, and be gone all day, and just have so much fun! ah, those were the days my friend!

·
Registered
258 Posts
My battery shat the bed once, and i thought ok, theres a nice big hill just around the corner like 1 in 8 steepness, with a dead end... Well i clutch started it halfway down, all was good, but when i went to turn around (all the way at the bottom) i STALLED IT!:banghead :banghead :banghead So i had to push the damn fat pig up 1/4 mile of what seemed like a friggin mountainside! i had to do it 30feet at a time too, i'm not a big guy either (140lbs), i thought i was going to be sick half way up!:puke

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Denee Cole said:
When I was able to ride my "new" GSXR600, I'm amazed how much countersteering it takes to go around curves/corners. I really have to push the opposite handlebar to go the desired direction. Kind of neat in a way, makes the bike really lean over. Just something else to say!
Have you checked the suspension settings? Start with the sag and springs and then look at the geometry. You can make both bikes turn really well but it so much easier to do on the GSXR. It sounds like it's riding too tall in the front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts