TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was bound to heppen i have been riding the tiller evryday to work and back and it has been geting better evryday i was comming off my street taking a turn and my rear wheel kept spinng the bike started sliding to the right hard i tried to compensate but it started to feel like a mechanical bull i got thrown off and slide about 5-10 feet while the bike landed on its right side and slide a little to not to much damge thank god for the vortex rear sets and frame sliders they took the brunt of the damage my can got a little scaped and the fairing stay bent but other then that i picked the bike up and road her home as for me i was wearing full gear and i got a couple bumps and bruises nothing bad still went to work i am a mechanic at a dealer and had alot cars to work on but other then that i took her for a ride last night to make sure everthing is still ther and it is man i love this bike!! it takes a beating very well!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Glad your ok:thumbup

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but glad all is ok, should be easy to fix back thou thanksfully :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
nothing like a few battle scars on the leathers to add a little street cred :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why did the rear spin out? Not that cold yet,, Sand?
That happened to me years back slow left turn then pow on my face, it was in the high 30's or low 40's :O so,
Had some rash on my L knee and messed up ankle, helment scratched and L side of jacket and glove scuffed up. Glad I had my gear on I would have been really screwed if not, my helment was pretty bad and had to get a new one.
Better than head trauma........

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i dont belive it was sand i went back that night and wlked it and the only thing i could come up with was the manhole cove was wet and i went over it and the bike spun out like that

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
She'll be right mate :)

Glad you both aint too busted up

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
glad all is ok seems they put those dam things in some pretty strange places...even the little plate sized ones can be trouble with a torquey tl...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I like to hear these good crash stories! :thumbup

The ones where no one gets hurt too bad ... including the bike.

Always wear gear :thumbup

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
glad you're ok, fix her up, and use periods once in a while too :lol

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Save the broken bits, they always seem to be worth money. Good to hear you are ok, isn't gear wonderful...

if you have that stock rear suspention in there...... that may have added to the problem. It used to buck me around pretty good, just exactly as you described. Low speed, front brake on some so the rear is light.... and leaned.

I have an Ohlins in there now and none of the problems regardless of what rubber I run.

if you find it getting silly under those conditions again... worth looking into adjusting the rear suspention..... or if you have the coin, picking up an aftermarket rear suspention system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts