TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i had a little get off a couple of weeks ago... was dragging my knee and toe and soon i was dragging my arse on the ground watching my bike spin on its side down the pavement... riderless. :banghead I got up cursed a little, picked the bike up then laughed it off cause all it did was scratch the pain and grind off a little of my CF exhaust can.
Seeing as i don't currently have the funds to repaint the whole side, or even replace it, I want to just mask off the scraped up area and just rattle-can the scuffs.
Now for the question; Does anyone know a brand/blue and white that matches the 99TLR? Auto stores sell touch-up paint in rattle-cans but dont have bike yrs/colors listed. (yeah right) I really don't feel like taking my fairing in and spraying every blue/white on the plastics inside the store till i get the right (or close enough) color. But i will if i have to.:devious

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Fisrt of all, glad you are OK, secondly sucks about your getoff...

From a thread a while back:
white tillers, the colors almost match dead on to the comperable year mitsubishi cages. For example, mine is a '01 so the blue and white are from the '01 mitsubishi line of cages. I figured this out the first time I painted my bike due to the fact that my cousin runs a finishmasters and using their paint analyser the closet match was mitsubishi.

thread http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72637

Here is the fix for your exhaust

http://www.chucksirois.com/TL1000/slash-cut/slash-cut 004.jpg

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup
Thats the Info i was looking for! Gives me an idea of where to start.
Chuck have you used this info to touch up your bike at all? Just curious to know your results.

No go on that exhaust route... I have nephews that live a few houses up the road. My sister-in-law would :kicknuts after only one late night pass... let alone a few.

Jesse:cheers

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Somebody makes the EXACT Suzuki match in rattle-cans. I think it's color-rite. Not Dupli-Color. I got the exact green for my '97 TLS in pint cans and in spray rattle-cans.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
No I never tried it. I have a couple nice nicks in my paint that I just used regular white paint to hide. I have looked closely at the mitsubishi pearl white and the white on the bike looks the same to me -not sure about the blue.

Yeah I remeber that as well cyclecamper -there is an exact match out there. I remember someone posted a link before.... sure would like to see it again.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
color rite has the exact color to match, i bought the rattle cans and did it my self when i knocked mine over

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :hail

Now any tips on blending the rattle can lines left from masking off the rashed sections and the good areas? maybe some good ol 1000 grit finished off with 2000? or would that dull the clear on the good stuff too much?

Jesse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts