TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a set of Yosh bolt-ons for the 99 TLR, the RS-3 race models. I see on the site however that some people have gutted their stock Zuki cans. I have an extra set of stock cans that i got as part of a package deal a while back to work with, and bling isn't really a factor, since with a wheel you can throw a pretty good polish on the stock cans. My question is- how much work is it gonna be to gut out the stock? they look pretty well put together-they even welded the rivets. also, what do you take out and what stays? and finally, what's the performance like? If you have done this mod, please get back to me so I can decide to do the buy or the project....

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...try searching, someone posted about it - or PM chucks_net or dsly1 other members here who did this before...

·
Registered
6,760 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
just take your time prying the outer shell away from the inner. dont mess it up to much you gotta pry it back down...i was too rushed to get it done and the end cap area came out looking not 100% but hey free exhaust mods are always good, moved on to smaller and louder but love the sound of gutted stockers

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
best bang for the buck ! total cost including powder coating and cool stickers like 50 bucks. sounded close to my M4 which i have now

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Thanks for the props fellas. I'm just glad my crappy website is finally useful :thumbup

i just painted mine high temp engine enamel so i save even more money :)
Dunk -you still runnin the slash?

My opinion is, if you have a stock exhaust you have 2 options. Mod the stock cans or get a full system. There is no sense in spending a bunch of money for bolt/ slip ons (unless you get em free).

Modded stockers made me happy :) slash cutting the exhaust made me very very happy :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yeah im still running the slash cuts. well not running, too damn cold and the tl doesnt handle too well in 10" of snow, but yeah they are still on their chuck, hopeing for a good day so i can get the yosh box set up right with the slash cuts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts