TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Cay anyone tell me more about the wareagle-racing.com GSXR-style tail for the TLR?

http://www.wareagle-racing.com/web/images/fotos-modelos/Suzuki/TL1000R/customkit/11.jpg

What the heck taillight does that use? I've already got a fancy LED & integrated TLR taillight. What front seat? What rear seat? Stock TLR subframe?? Sure looks nice to me!

I could sell my stock tails.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'll search. Still, anyone able to tell me more?

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
cyclecamper said:
Cay anyone tell me more about the wareagle-racing.com GSXR-style tail for the TLR?

http://www.wareagle-racing.com/web/images/fotos-modelos/Suzuki/TL1000R/customkit/11.jpg

What the heck taillight does that use? I've already got a fancy LED & integrated TLR taillight. What front seat? What rear seat? Stock TLR subframe?? Sure looks nice to me!

I could sell my stock tails.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'll search. Still, anyone able to tell me more?
I've never dealt with them, but several people here have bought the TLRR kit (which uses this tail) and have been happy with it. The kit is designed to mimic the GSXR body style and tail section, but obviously it is a tad different, but looks nice once on.

the tail section is simply a direct bolt on, no modding to anything needed, it uses the same mounts and bolts. it even uses the stock front and rear seats. you just take off your old one, and put this in its place.

it's designed to use the stock tail light, no new tail light needed

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
MrTucker said:
the tail section is simply a direct bolt on, no modding to anything needed, it uses the same mounts and bolts. it even uses the stock front and rear seats. you just take off your old one, and put this in its place.

it's designed to use the stock tail light, no new tail light needed
Well, that's SWEET! I'm definitely going to look into it!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
cyclecamper said:
Well, that's SWEET! I'm definitely going to look into it!

...do a search here, war egale, hammerit, etc... are all crap fitting for the most part and if you pay them, you'll be lucky to actually receive the parts you've paid for - good luck...

Search, read and decide for your self...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
MrTucker said:

No modding? Get it to fit with no modding? :laugh

I've personally got nothing nice to say about Alex either. He wouldn't stand by his product. Came here saying how good he was and how he was going to look after everyone screwed by hammerit and promptly disappeared when it got too hot for him. Arseholes. Pierre and Alex full of bullshit lies.

Alex doesn't deserve any TL business. They stuffed too many members in the past.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19617

This is his attitude:

Silverline

Dear Mr Kat

Thanks for all your help, by pinning my messages ex. But i not going to try and suck up too these guys.

I know everything went bad with Hammerit, but it was not my fault and to try and confince these guys will take me 5 years from now.

So thanks again, you can take down all my messages, because i am not going to supply half of these guys even in the future!

Please tell the guys in charge that i thanks all of them for all the help, and if any of them need's something in the future, they must please contact me.

Our warehouse will be up in a month or two and everyone know's about the website as well.

Kind Regards and Safe riding so you all

Alex
alexsas
[email protected]

·
Registered
906 Posts
My hammerit tail didn't fit at all points, but I didn't care because I expected that. Besides that I modded it (stuffed the hole for the lock) and made my own cover.

What's the fun in modding when everything bolts straight on!:laugh

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Steve TLS said:
No modding? Get it to fit with no modding? :laugh
uh yah, that's what I heard. Of course nothing fits perfectly out of the box. Hell even some full systems need some convincing. And I was referring to the fact that you dont need to mod the sub frame with the War Eagle/Hammerit tail. It's SUPPOSED to be a direct bolt on and I've talked to people with it that said the same

·
Registered
46 Posts
what i'm thinking.... apparently the GSXR subframe bolts directly on the TLR, but it makes the tail shoot sky high and makes for a nice nut buster. so why not get tail raisers and put them on the top mounts to lower the tail down to a more managable angle. that would be easy. personally though, i'm going to section cut the lower arm of the GSXR subframe and get the desired angle... but if you can't tig AL then i thought the tail riser mounted on the top mount would be an easy fix. just my two cents

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
damn...some of you guys are doing it waaayyyyy the hard way. Just cut the pillion stuff off the TLR subframe, get a sharkinz GSXR tail (K4), drill a little hole in the lug of the tail, bolt everything together.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
:banghead

i garaged my bike at my shop. so NOW i def have time to work on it since it will always be there over the winter. it will also make the r1 job a bit easier which i cant wait for that. im working on the tls race upper, but im also working on a very small side thing which i hope it works 2morrow b/c it will speed up things a bit faster. MUCH faster.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts