TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put an 01 GSXR 1000 rear tail section on my TLR. Is it better to use TLR sub frame, or GSXR sub frame. I know both have to be modified, but which one is easier to adapt.???????????.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think, but don't quote me on this. I read that no matter which subframe you used, you have to modify both. This topic should be in the TL mods section.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the search but nothing showed up. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I merried a TL subframe to a GSXR subframe for a guy. Just cut the two in half and weld them together. Pretty straight forward. It would not be hard to make the mounts, but the guy had both subframes, so we went this route.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey!
I'm the one with the "NutCracker"! Will post pics as soon as I get home from work and hopefully they'll help you decide which route you want to take!

Dave.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics, I had a similar Idea. I was going to cut off the frame mounts from the TLR sub frame and weld them on the GSXR subframe. I have one question, where do you locate the trunk lock, Oh and which under tail do u use. TLR or GXSR.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Undertail.....which was really cool and I wish I had this set up on my bike.

Trunk latch was in the normal GSXR position. It used a TL seat that had the corners shaved off and some new fabric applied.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
yeller_twin said:
For some reason that's the only tail swap I've ever seen that I liked. Must be the angle or something. I'd like to see it properly painted up though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These are the only pics I could find of my GSXR tail, and it'll be a while until I've anymore cos the whole bike is stripped at the moment!

Dave

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ive gotten so many pms and emails about it. I gotta put my things together and finish it =\

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Doggiedee1 said:
These are the only pics I could find of my GSXR tail, and it'll be a while until I've anymore cos the whole bike is stripped at the moment!

Dave
that one hell of a tail raise

·
Registered
2,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
take a look at the post and click the pic

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
why doesn't anyone ever go the wareagle-racing.com route :O

it's a gsxr style tail, but its a direct bolt on...no modding even required, plus it looks just like a gsxr tail :confused

1 - 20 of 45 Posts