TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried fitting up a set of 05/06 gixxer mirrors on a tlr/s? for visibility to traffic i think they would be nice. next mod for me i think

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, OldTLSDoug has done this. Required drilling holes in the fairing and making custom mounting brackets to go inside the fairing, plus blockoff plates for the old holes. The mounting angle of the newer mirrors won't allow you to mount them in the old location.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did he ever do a write up with pictures?

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know, i'm surprised that tlz doesn't offer image hosting for the mods section....

·
14,150 Posts
They kind of do. Postwhore is also run by crashtd. Doug has his own image hosting and let everyone know he was taking his pics down. I was in the process of trasferring them to Postwhore, but it was very time consuming and never got to finish it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
you know, i'm surprised that tlz doesn't offer image hosting for the mods section....

That is a good idea. Many around here have taken a lot of time to write up some step by steps only to have the pics removed years later. I've done a lot of archive searching and and most of the old tutorials have the dreaded red x. Your suggestion would cure that problem.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I will reload the pics and post them up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts