TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads

Don't worry, this isn't a how to thread. Sam or the Ring-In published a definitive fork swap guide there years ago but the link to the pic/ attachment seems to have gone dead since. Anyone have access to it and could send it on? Also, anyone making the shims for between the wheel and disc (or caliper) anymore?

On another note, my new (old) yoke has the OEM damper. I could get a new Hyperpro shock for about £400 or there's the R1 shock with adapter route for almost half that. Does anyone here have that mod and was it worth it?

Cheers
Wiggi

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Sam should have shims and spacers.

you need 2 fork shims
2 caliper spacers
2 disk spacers
I axle spacer

if not I have one complete set still for $100au + post

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sam should have shims and spacers.

you need 2 fork shims
2 caliper spacers
2 disk spacers
I axle spacer

if not I have one complete set still for $100au + post
Cheers Stu, do you have that list of acceptable years/ bike types etc?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what i'm looking for, thanks Todd!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Little late but just sae your post. I put a r1 shock as rotary damper replacement & so far it's working alot better then oem damper ever did. With rotary damper I could never get it adjusted right,was either way too hard on bumps or too soft. Then it started getting weird after shirt rides where it's like it wasn't there at all. Bouncing & wobbling in turns ect. I made a bracket at work bought the shock for like 50$ took maybe an hour or two to do. Hardest part was getting oem stuff off. Imo it was worth it especially if your on a budget

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
@Wiggi: WRT the damper on the yokes, you can buy the Hyperpro for £400 or you can buy a stir-fried knock-off for about £30. They do work ok and even if you toss it after a couple of years they are cheap enough to be considered disposable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steering-Damper-For-Suzuki-SV650-N-S-99-08-SV1000-S-TL1000-R-S-GSXR-G/153561997588?hash=item23c1022114:g:6IcAAOSwYB5dJxC1

I'm speaking from experience here. Fully adjustable and they go from barely noticeable to swimming through treacle. The one I have shows no sign of cavitation after a couple of years and the anodizing hasn't faded or discoloured.

Definitely a step-up from the stock steering damper.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little late but just sae your post. I put a r1 shock as rotary damper replacement & so far it's working alot better then oem damper ever did. With rotary damper I could never get it adjusted right,was either way too hard on bumps or too soft. Then it started getting weird after shirt rides where it's like it wasn't there at all. Bouncing & wobbling in turns ect. I made a bracket at work bought the shock for like 50$ took maybe an hour or two to do. Hardest part was getting oem stuff off. Imo it was worth it especially if your on a budget
Hi Michael

Sound for that, i already bought an R1 shock and i'm going to leave the OEM spring in place. Do you by any chance have the measurement for the plate you made, spacers and bolt lengths etc? Could buy a kit on E-bay but he's looking for 140GPB for a few high tensile bolts and a piece of aluminium plate.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Wiggi: WRT the damper on the yokes, you can buy the Hyperpro for £400 or you can buy a stir-fried knock-off for about £30. They do work ok and even if you toss it after a couple of years they are cheap enough to be considered disposable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steering-Damper-For-Suzuki-SV650-N-S-99-08-SV1000-S-TL1000-R-S-GSXR-G/153561997588?hash=item23c1022114:g:6IcAAOSwYB5dJxC1

I'm speaking from experience here. Fully adjustable and they go from barely noticeable to swimming through treacle. The one I have shows no sign of cavitation after a couple of years and the anodizing hasn't faded or discoloured.

Definitely a step-up from the stock steering damper.
Thanks for that man, interesting idea actually. I was going to change the fluid in the OEM but i might actually try your "stir-fried" idea LOL. Did it fit to OEM bracket?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damper bought :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts