TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know we have some folks here who have gsxr front ends. I am tryimg to find out the difference between TL and gsxr triples in regards to their offset, that is, the location of fork legs relative to steering stem.
thanks
john

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
TLR and SRAD had the same offset, but Yosh made their triple clamp set with a 30mm offset, which helped the GSXR and it also works well on the TLR.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I have done the mod but bought the front end complete, I used my existing wheel, which the only thing I needed to do was add a 3mm spacer on the front spindle, I also had to grind the steering locks off.
The TLS forks are larger in diameter which means shimming to use the existing yokes.
I personally would not want to risk the skinms moving when you are caning it :no

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
He is using an adjustable KOSMAN for a GSXR 750. That is why I am going to make triples, its in another thread. Using GSXR triples you lose your steering stops and have to fabricate new ones. I'm going to make them for both TLR and GSXR forks, that way you can keep your steering stops. Straight bolt on.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
I had to stick with the older SRAD forks so I could keep my PFM brakes, but they are totally redone inside and out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts