TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any lurkers in Melbourne who have an 01/02 GSXR 1k?
I have a power commander which I would like to test. Dynojet tell me its for an 01/02. It won't work on an 03/04 :banghead
If so and its ok you may get a bargain:devious

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll,
Since there is no gsxr specific forum here so there is no way to figure out why the sucker doesn't work on your 03' GSXR! It's OK, as I kind of knew the masses of very insecure TL owners can't fathom having relevent information posted up on a website for some of us that happen to ride those bikes & did so a decade before the TL even was built. Or for some of us who just run them on the track & can't stand those gixxxster sites. That's even though the vast majority of the members here have owned their beloved TL's less than 4 years! Where the heck were these folks when some of us not only bought TL's in the late 90's but were actually riding them hard on the track back in those days? Back when you could hang with the GSXR 750's & spank most any 600 if your TL suspension was dialed in right. They were probably part of the group that were making fun of the TL's running out there & my "lowly twin" is my guess! However I digress...

:coocoo

I know that the 01' & 02' GSXR1000 had a 16 bit microprocessor in it's ECU but in 03' Suzuki changed that to a 32 bit microprocessor. That's probably why it's not working. I was born in Carlton, but I am way more than several thousand miles from Melbourne at this point in time. Across the international date line & on the other side of the globe in fact.

:)

Thanks again to SteveTLS who came up with the soln for my dilemna with my 01' GSXR1000. His advice to cut or remove the black w/brown tracer wire leading to the ECU to stop the "C46" error code from popping up on my display after I disabled the EX-Up flapper valve did the trick. Works great & the bike runs fine. It is loaded in the back of the truck & ready for a flogging at the California Speedway on Saturday & Sunday...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:stupid, same reason the Yosh box doesn't work on GSXR's later than 2002...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are there any lurkers in Melbourne who have an 01/02 GSXR 1k?
I have a power commander which I would like to test. Dynojet tell me its for an 01/02. It won't work on an 03/04 :banghead
If so and its ok you may get a bargain:devious
Guess I don't really need to reply to this as I don't live in Melb... I haven't had much of a day but making that statement makes me feel better:)
As you are probably aware, I have an 01, and am just far enough away.
However, even if it worked, I don't think that I'm in the market for it. Was on that bike last weekend and even in its present state it is misbehaving badly, and unless I wake up to myself in a hurry and get a handle on it, it will get me into trouble bigtime. Another candidate for ebay.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Peter

I forgot you had the 01 GSXR
Are you willing to test it if I post it down to you in a reply paid bag?

All you have to do is lift the tank , plug it in, start it up and see what comes up on the bike's dash.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Peter

I forgot you had the 01 GSXR
Are you willing to test it if I post it down to you in a reply paid bag?

All you have to do is lift the tank , plug it in, start it up and see what comes up on the bike's dash.
It pisses me off when I've done a proof(?) read, and all appears ok then when it appears as a post there is a glaring spelling mistake... another "condidate":coocoo
That's ok by me, however, don't know how urgent you are... I will be down on a bike, no reason why it shouldn't be that one, within the next couple of weeks, so we might be able to catch up. There is also the possibility that I might get to the Island to see the final battle of the supercars... wonder where you stand on that one?
Daughter Jo now has a schmic ZX9R E, and I need to come down and do a bit of coaching... tested out VicRoads for plate: shmic, but obviously it's gone - think that I'm right in the spelling - not in my dictionaries.
Regardless, send it up or we will catch up soon.
Probably won't have any impact, but the F1 light on my bike is very unpredictable; it is to do with the butterfly in the exhaust; sometimes it's on and sometimes it's not. I'm just a bit worried that you might suck me in and I'll have a bit less cash and a bit more junk.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Peter
I'll send a PM when its gets a bit closer to the V8s, I'll be going Sat & Sun
:cheers
Dun't worrie I carn't speel for sh!t :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I fixed it. I could tell it was eating him :laugh

(maybe I'll follow him around and slip a few typo's in when he's not looking :devious)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Matt & Peter. I will be at the Island from the Friday. Are you staying overnight? Maybe catch up for a beer or two. I'll be at the HRT pits.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Where there's motor racing, you'll find Brad :laugh

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks Peter
I'll send a PM when its gets a bit closer to the V8s, I'll be going Sat & Sun
Dun't worrie I carn't speel for sh!t :laugh
Not that I'm a 100% cert on this occasion as yet, so far haven't bothered to give the cars my patronage.
Assuming others have, what goes on? Yeh, besides a couple of races. Is there entry to the track surrounds as say with the superbikes? Are there any other events besides a couple of car races? Thanks

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think this weekend there are the Aussie race cars - FJR engined compact cars, historic tourers, formula fords possibly plus others. It's a pretty good day all round.

You can walk around the track, & at a cost you can get into the back of the pits.

Last round - 7 points between 1st & 2nd. Should be good.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hate to gloat but scored 2 tickets to one of the private villa tents on the inside track of turn 4, including all food, drinks and parking :devious
:laugh :laugh :laugh
V8 Supercars
Formula Ford
Historic touring cars
Porsche Carrea Cup

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Brag away ... I wanna see the reaction from Brad :laugh

:eatcorn

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ok.....Ummm, I get paid $750 cash for the weekend, plus free food & grog, rental car.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok.....Ummm, I get paid $750 cash for the weekend, plus free food & grog, rental car.
:laugh :laugh :laugh
I'm using the second ticket so I have a designated driver:laugh

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
so, after all the boasting from the both of us, wanna catch up for a beer on Saturday night? I'll PM you my mobile.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it
Pm back

All good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts