TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard tell of a mod to add in extra grounding wires for the coils directly to the battery...

I currently have a problem that in damp conditions the bike performs very poorly on small throttle openings - of the type you need when the road is all wet and slippy. The symptom is that the thing coughs, runs a bit rough then kicks in (in spades!) and threatens to throw me off! :)

Will adding extra earthing help or should I be looking at balancing throttle bodies and faffing with the TPS? I've covered about 12K on it and not done this yet so it may be a good idea anyway.

In REALLY wet conditions the thing can run as a 500cc single that swaps to a 1 litre twin only when it's really inconvenient - now that is fun...

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
list of things to do really...

change the leads and plugs.. make sure the drain hole in the front cylinder plug is clear and drains freely.. tps.. balance throttle bodies.. add extra ground straps from the coils to the battery and i added an extra one from the battery to the frame..

all that will make a HUGE difference to how the bike runs :thumbup

oh and that was all on my TLS by the way......

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
mine ran exactly as yours. balanced tb's and set tps. . was a new bike.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If people want an improvement why not try changing the coils for CIP (Coil In Plug) type coils, i cant see it being hard to mod, all that needs to be done is connect each timing wire that goins to the old coils to the new ones and also a live wire (well its sorta like that)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts