TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace my grips on my bike because the ones I have basically suk!! :rant

I was wondering if you guys can recommend some decent grips for a tiller. I ride....a lot, be it commuting or trips so I want something stylish yet comfortable.

Any suggestions? :O

As always...thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I'm a Renthal man when it comes to grips, love em

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I like stockers, hold your weight with your abs and it will take the weight off the wrists and let you steer properly :coocoo

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Also - when braking, let your body (ie. your nuts 'n' guts) slide into the tank & hold it with your knees, keeping your weight off your wrists :yes feel a whole lot LESS like you're going to go over the handlebars ;)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I've always used cushy grips, same ones I use on my dirtbike. Can't stand the thin/hard ones....and the chrome ones? :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
First thing come to my mind was renthal as well. Don't they sell different grips in hard-soft way?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, renthal has lots of compound options. I have used them on the dirt bike and like them, but they are 2x the price of most others from pro-grip etc. Not a big deal really but perhaps worth noting, at least on a dirt bike where I go through grips pretty often.

I have some sort of pro-grips on my TLS now, they are basically like the stockers only a little softer and more gripy. I like them ok:O

good luck

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
So... By "hold your weight with your abs" you mean prop your belly on the tank right?:laugh
No, actually use the muscles, I know you have them, I am fat and I have them. But I must say that is the funniest thing I have ever read on here, you are a gifted asshole...errr comedian, sir :hail

:lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
grips

hey

I would have to say I like my renthal grips, always used the for the MX bikes and I like the pretty well for the street. Although for some they do transmit more feelings thru them. The grips that have "superbike" cut into them are very soft and thick making them nice and easy on the hands. Just my opinion though. I think it is a trial and error kinda thing.

Nicholas

·
Registered
392 Posts
i use pro grip the same one just different colors they do a good job for the price

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
+1:stupid...pro grip for me inexpensive and meger looks also matching colors....what more could you want:laugh:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That had to be a tight squeeze over the throttle (and now your grips are different diamaters:dowhat). You can get progrip motorcycle grips of the proper diamaters for 7 bucks as well:O

have fun

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
So... By "hold your weight with your abs" you mean prop your belly on the tank right?:laugh

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
Galindo Superbike or their F1 I think. I seems to me the black color lasts longer and don't get gooey and stretchy like the red, blue etc. do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts