TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that sold me the Gixxer came through with getting me the original radiator,cap and fan, here at about 11:00. Of course he jsut thinks a shop is taking care of the repair. I installed Radiator,cap, and overflow tank that was sent. The old antifreeze was long gone and added the blue stuff (never can remember its name), ran the bike, no leaks, no geysers, just normal running, still smells a bit like antifreeze.
My question is about cycling of the fan and temperature fluctuation?
Taking the bike on the road for about 10miles, about 30-50mph(traffic), it would maintian 180-200 on a 75degree day while going, and at a light would increase of course to about 209 just before the fan comes on.

I came home, parked in the garage and just let it run on paddock stands, with no added fans, just the radiator fan. Fan comes on at 220 precisely, and cuts back off at 209, and doess that like clockwork. Does this sound about right, after all, it's mid seventies, and just wondering about in the summertime/ not that I'd be riding in 100degrees!

The bike ran great~! I guess they just run hotter to the feel than I'm used to on the TLR.?
Sorry to have been such a worry wart on this bike, but I was for sure that I had gotten taken, but the sales guy restored my faith! he even sent me 100 dollar bill to help! I will be calling him to let him know it's OK!!

I'll be changing to oil/filter with Motul synthetic, maybe that will help the heat thing.

I'm back guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
denee'
You're the most speacial group to belong to and I love each and everyone of you!
dnee'

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
You nailed it girl! Woo Hoo! Be sure and check the overflow tank level and take a peek in the radiator to make sure it is full and you are good. Make sure you check it cold.:coocoo

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gosh Doug, coming from you~ that makes me feel great!!! yes, in the morning when it has cooled off, or this evening when it's stone cold, Ill check it. (I may take it for a night drive;much later).
But does sound right about the temperature and what I described?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
That does sound like it could be right. The TLR kicks on the fans at about the same temp if I remember correctly.

Glad you got it sorted out, go over that bike with a fine tooth comb, then go have fun and stay safe. Enjoy!

Congrats on sorting it yourself without having to take it to the shop. In the end it was a lot of frustration but I bet you have a hell of a feeling of accomplishment.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to be a little sexy for you guys for all your help, sorry the photos didn't come out so hot! I'm a little older, but try to look good for you!
Denee'

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Great job on the bike, Denee!! I bet you feel good about fixing the dern thing yourself. :)

I always tell my wife, what makes her sexy is how she feels about herself, not necessarily how she looks. It's all in the attitutude and if she has that playful little light in her eyes. If she's confident, that is what I find hot! :)

You don't have to try to be sexy for us. That's for your hubby. He's got a keeper for sure! :thumbup

(you look nice in those leathers by the way) ;)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was so sweet of you! Sometimes we older females feel competition from the younger generations of the megadolls! I don't try to keep up and doesn't really seem to matter to Gary(husband), I can look like crap, and he still loves me!!
and you are so right! I fixed this darned thing myself, with a little help from my TLzoners!!!!
You all are the best buddies a gal can have!:hail

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
De'

that's why we'all ride the TL, not the fastest, not the newest.... it's the bike with "tude".:cool

Those young megadollies are MUCHO upkeep, ultra high maintainence... we want something that likes to be ridden, and is happy for a good washing, some wax and armorall... and doesn't give us the business about not spending every waking moment and every nickle on her... The TL is that girl (we are of course talking about motorcycles ya know):banana

most sexy thing... is between your ears, the rest is just frosting on the cake.

You in the Emma Peal leathers, straddling that Gixxer is about 1X10E6 more sexy then some poser chick that doesn't even like motorcycles, let alone appriciate what she is being pictured with...:drool :drool :drool

you are gettin' it done girl, no two ways about it...

AND NOW SHE FIXES THEM TOO!! Double Super Hooka BONUS!!!:thumbup

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
where can i find a lady like you Denee.. someone that can love bikes and fix them at the same time... not to forget the whole sexy part.. like the R man said .. its a super double hooka bonus..:hail

keep up the good work on ur bikes and keep riding them like u stole them..:thumbup
and one thing before i go.. those leathers.. oh lord heart stopper;)

Ash

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course, you too Mysta! Gee, you guys now how to make a girl feel great!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About those leathers; they're obviously not race leather, I had them made in Bogota' south America! about 200 bucks, and they fit like a glove! Unfortuntaly the guy who made them had never even seen a set of bonified race leathers, and didn't know how to accomplish that, but did well on these. These are just for looking good on the street, not to ever fall down in!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Nice pics of the ride and you Dee! I'm suprised the leg humpers have come out in droves! I bet there has been a lot of "right click" "save as" going on! :lol

Glad to hear the bike is running right for you now! Damn that's a hot ride!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Try and tell me that fixing your bike yourself is not one of the greatest feelings ever and what are yoou talking about "a little older" ? You look fantastic and so do the bike and leathers! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, repairing my bikes are worthwhile and satisfying knowing that it's repaired correctly as I know I'l be doing speeds necessary for safe riding! It's funny, but I've tried gettting my daughters interested in learning about bikes, and mechanics in general (like: how to check your oil! lol). They are just not interested! They like to ride though and get cars to drive, but no resposibility in working on them!

I grew up with 3 brothers that all they did was work on "things", there were no girlfriends to play dolls when I was growing up, no computers, cell phones, just a 3 channel B/W TV! , so i did whatever my brothers did, and did better, and still do better, not bragging, I just find it necessary to learn and not be nieve/ignorant in this expensive day and age. They call me when they have a problem! I love it!
Can you imagine having to take your bike in for every little thing that goes wrong or you want to have modified!? You'd never see your bike and you'd be flat broke!!! And some of the workmanship I've seen a some shops has been a little underpar for me; WE TAKE PRIDE IN OUR MACHINES BABY!!!!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
ninforus said:
Try and tell me that fixing your bike yourself is not one of the greatest feelings ever
This only applies when it's all done. I've been right there in the same spot Denee was thinking of selling all these worthless pain in the ass bikes, throwing tools, cursing. Funny how when it's done we feel it was all worth it, but five minutes before...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Denee Cole said:
Trying to be a little sexy for you guys for all your help, sorry the photos didn't come out so hot! I'm a little older, but try to look good for you!
Denee'

What? You're old? You surely can't tell in THIS pic :jack :devious

Congrats on getting your bike up and running again. I know you feel great about it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts