TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wish I was willing to buy new (read; spend that much). I've been looking to spend about $5500 ($4784 US) on a used machine, maybe a bit more depending on what's on/been done to it. In checking around, this seems very reasonable. There's several machines for sale on SMJ in that range however they're mostly to far away... although two of them are 4 and 5 hours drive...

In perusing the Bike Trader today I came across a new listing for a dealership that's taking part in the Toronto Bike Show this weekend and they've brought in some new, black 07 DR-S SM's for a show special.

Suzuki MSRP is $8200 ($7133 US)
Shops are listing at $7300 ($6350 US)
This shop's show special is $5995 ($5215 US)

A great deal, no doubt but add in administration charges, PDI (pre-delivery inspection/setup), and taxes the OTD price becomes $7557 ($6573 US).

I find myself in quite the dilemma.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...get the 07 one:yes...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
$5215 USD = 6634 AUD
i paid $8600 AUD OTD 2 months ago for NEW 06

SMOKEN DEAL BUDDY :thumbup

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a crazy good deal. I have a fairly good hookup with a Suzuki dealer and that's appreciably less than I could have gotten one for. What's the sales tax in Ontario?
Two taxes here, 6% GST (federal) and 8% PST (provincial).

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being that it'll be a second bike, I just can't spend that much (have to get it past the wife too!) so I didn't move on it. I was working on another unit in Albany NY but he just sold it locally so the search continues.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
That's a crazy good deal. I have a fairly good hookup with a Suzuki dealer and that's appreciably less than I could have gotten one for. What's the sales tax in Ontario?
:confused

it's not that great of a deal, I got my brand new '05 for 6100 us out the door, and it had 0 miles on it, didn't even have fluids in it yet

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
We get hosed on the MSRP for everything up here if you compare right now. The dollar used to be about $0.60 to the US dollar and now it is over $0.90. Bikes and most things through Canadian distributors have not been adjusted for the most part. Prices have stayed idle in the US to protect that market and they are just screwing us up here over it. It makes sense to buy just about anything out of the US now as long as the paperwork isnt too bad. Then theres that 14% sales tax for the OTD price. For Canada anyway, thats a smokin deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts