TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what ever you do.NEVER use your phone for the internet when abroad......:banghead i've got to replace the floor boards just inside my front door tomorrow:rant i used 24 meg of data....not a lot.......£165:banghead :banghead i've just cancelled christmas....rang orange to make sure they wern't pulling a fast one....no joy there.:rant :rant

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
fack...........
would have been cheaper to buy a bloody computer. i thought their call charges were bad enough:banghead

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tell me about it.....:banghead the stupid thing is....they had acouple of pc's there that u could surf the net on.... pay as u go type thing......i just couldn't be bothered to move away from the bar....:laugh .......:coocoo ....:banghead

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Fook thats bad , Sorry for you Carl ,,,,, (robbin bastards)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep, i got stung on that last year when i went to portugal. Not that bad though fortunatly. As i was travling through france/spain/portugal, every time my phone connected GPRS to annother network i was charged a connection fee each day, so for each of the 3 days i was travling down to portugal i connected to probably 3 networks a day as i was moving 3x3xWhatever the connection charge is = lots of money, i nearly had a fit at them on the phone.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never going to take my phone abroad again haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did the same with GPRS, but it was in this country!

Just before getting married, needed a download of something for the wedding, ISP was down, so I used GPRS to get a 24MB file thinking it would be a tenner or something which I was happy to pay.....

£187 :banghead :banghead :banghead

The b*stards would not even let me buy a GPRS bundle retrospectively to take the cost down to a "reasonable" £70 :banghead :banghead :banghead

Finished my contract 2 months later :devious

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the same with GPRS, but it was in this country!

Just before getting married, needed a download of something for the wedding, ISP was down, so I used GPRS to get a 24MB file thinking it would be a tenner or something which I was happy to pay.....

£187 :banghead :banghead :banghead

The b*stards would not even let me buy a GPRS bundle retrospectively to take the cost down to a "reasonable" £70 :banghead :banghead :banghead

Finished my contract 2 months later :devious
the buggers. was that with orange?

·
Registered
179 Posts
No, TMobile, probably the worst provider for customer service I have ever had. I had been a good customer of theirs for about 2 years when it happened and they knew I would cancel contract if they didn't play fair, they chose to take £117 extra there and then rather than approx £360 turnover a year (probably with a pretty high profit margin) for the next few years.....

I aint no accountant, but I know what I would do (take the £117 and have a bender, but I aint got no shareholders!)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep thinking of changing but where to go. they all seem to have good offers on? orange have beeb fairly good with the customer service.. i do go through a few phones in a year....the keys get full of dust(i'm a plasterer)....have about 3 a year...they never charge for a new one. it always gets delivered the next dy at a good time for me......you would think they would try to hold on to existing customers......as soon as i threatened to leave orange when i wanted a better contract they couldn't do enough..... haha

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
I think they're all much of a muchness. Your perspective is coloured by what they let you get away with at the time you want something.

I have been with T-mobile and O2 in the past. At present I have accounts with Orange and Vodaphone. I don't think any one was / is significantly better or worst than the other.

My daughter liked Virgin 'till the rest of the famil;y changed to Orange so she did too. Now she's on T-mobile 'cos she likes the text bundle....

So there yer go... pay yer money and make yer choice...

Some of the deals and offers fit some people perfectly and that person tells everyone that their deal / offer is great, but as I said, It doesn't suit everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts