TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GP Suspension

I believe it was Gerhard (Mr. Dobalina) who recommended them. I finaly called GP Suspension and talked to Dave. A great guy, gave me some excellent tips, and I bought the valving for the TLS, a set of springs and new compression needles. The valving comes with a new compression piston, shims, and rebound stack, utilizes old rebound piston which I need to modify slightly (I have three or fours so it will be done easily) and a new rebound needle. He also told me how to modify the bottoming piston to get more travel and not hurt it doing wheelies. He should ship tomorrow and hopefully I will have some time to work on them. The forks come apart easily and I have enough spares that I can play with it a bit and be ready to go.

I am still waiting on my spring from LE, they said, it will be made next week by Eibach, so if someone needs one, call Lindemann Engineering and order it so mine will get here faster.

I will do a write up when I do this.:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Sheesh, you could at least spell their name correctly in the thread title! :lol

Sounds good...mods for the bike that wouldn't be modded. It's gonna end up a sweet doug creation yet.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, how many people really thought I would never mod the dang thing:coocoo :confused :rant :banghead

·
Registered
945 Posts
I hate reading these posts Doug cause I know my blue 01 TLS is out in the garage thinking I want to live with Doug. :banghead :laugh

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I just wish i knew enough about suspension to mod it. or set it up for that matter:laugh :banghead
Other bikes im sure are always jealous of dougs.:)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
If you have not taken the cartridge itself apart it can be a bit of a challenge. I posted a pick of the disassembled cartridge somewhere have to do a search for it, if you need some tips on cartridge disassembly let me know.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds awsome doug, I'm looking foward to the write up on it:thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts