TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode up the hill and into this. Rain and even some small hail arrived right after the 2nd pic, which is from the top of Trail Ridge Road at just under 12,000 feet in the alpine tundra. Mother nature was quite unsettled today. Clouds rolled over the mountains and chased me down the hill. It is storming at my house now.

The new Joe Rocket pants I just got are quite water resistant though, evidently. Heated grips and my neck wrap thingie on, I was comfortable the whole way. The new Pilot Road IIs are good in the wet too - tested 'em out on curvy Rt. 7 today :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:banana looks like a fun ride

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
LOL, I've been wearing the mesh jacket here lately!

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I washed it. Damn new Panasonic camera, catches all the detail. The thing still looks dirty :banghead It is the cool factor and the curse of the naked - no plastic to hide engine.

The Akra headers got a steel wool and soap scrub to knock off the dirt and tar. They are golding up nicely :drool

W

·
0 Posts
cool pics duken :thumbup you live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world :yes :yes

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks great:thumbup

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great. And that engine looks very clean
I am somewhat OCD when it comes to order and cleanliness. That rad hose and the area where the oil line plumbs in are dirty I tell you.

Judging by Doug's pics of his Husky Motard, I my disorder is minor compared to his :lol

·
14,150 Posts
I should post some pics of my dirty FZ1. I rode in to work this morning right after a rainstorm so it's even dirtier now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's some awesome pics and scenery. I just also installed heated grips on my bike and they are a godsend. Wished I had done it many winters ago.

·
14,150 Posts
Hey Duke, how many miles you got on those PRII's? I'm loving mine and I've got just over 2500 miles on them (mostly commuter miles too) and they still look practically new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts