TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of TLR throttlebodies that were claimed to be bored out +2mm. Don't have a bore guage, but looks about the same as my stockers. BUT these new/used ones are about a half-inch shorter!!!

Can't post pics on photobucket 'cause I changed my ISP and can't remember my password dammit.

Basically, the tops are micely milled off shorter. Now what the hell airbox can I run; I don't know if the stock one will even fit.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like he milled off even more than that. Worked out pretty nicely really.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
do you need a stock set.. i have a pair..

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tunes the intake tract for higher RPM range. Question is whether it's really an improvement.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Worth to try, but probably requires special airbox.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
almost looks like suzuki intended that with those extra bolt bosses they cast in there :dowhat

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Digging up old posts.....

Cyclecamper , did you ever run those shorter throttle bodies on your bike? I am looking to build some shower injected throttle bodies for my race engine soon. I am interested in cutting down the throttle bodies a bit so I can keep the whole setup as short as possible....

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, Kendall Berg is still building my engine (and no, I couldn't afford his big-bore, unfortunately). I still have a stock set of TBs and the cut-down set. I think the cut-down set are also slightly bored out.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
No, Kendall Berg is still building my engine (and no, I couldn't afford his big-bore, unfortunately). I still have a stock set of TBs and the cut-down set. I think the cut-down set are also slightly bored out.
Ok, I guess I will be the test mule for this setup. I read somewhere on here that someone else tried it and lost 5hp mid-range. Although there was never any real follow up on this modification.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I cut mine down about an inch and I didn't notice any difference.http://www.gwfweb.com/cycles/misc/airbox-1.jpg
Hopefully this mod will boost top end power on my race bike engine. 12.8:1 compression ration, 0.95~1.0mm deck height, web cams and ceramic coated pistons and chambers. I will try to get some pictures of my shower head throttle bodies up soon. They are still in the works at this time... I did some reading that the cooling effect of the fuel being sprayed upstream will cool the intake charge and can boost power by 2~3%.... 120 RWHP + 3% = 123.6 HP,
or a 140 hp race engine would net you 144.2 HP....

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
After reading this link again, I think I'm up for this; or at least enlarging the airbox, cos the way he does it it still seems relatively simple to remove. Then a retune with the PCII and we'll be in business:). Now I just need to source a spare airbox; and some TB's

http://homepage.mac.com/rg500delta/T...bodies .html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts