TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an XBOX360 from a member of the gto forum I frequent. Sent the guy 600 bones via paypal and he just ****ed me. No Xbox, no nothing. I have filed a claim thru paypal and I am still awaiting an answer.

What other "LEGAL" options do I have against this scumbag? I have his real name and his phone number. He is located somewhere in Arkansas. Can someone run his phone # and get his addy? His name is JOSH LAMON. PM me for his phone # if you can run it for me. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...did you pay via credit card on pay pal?

If so you can also file a claim with your credit card company which will yeild better results than the BS you get from pay pal...

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know it doesn't always go smoothly, but last time I had some trouble I just went through paypal's dispute process and it was resolved fairly quickly. I called them up and paypal told me that if the guy wouldn't voluntarily send me money back, they would reimburse me and go after him on thier own. But I dunno, maybe I'm one of the few where it worked out. :O

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would give the PayPal dispute resolution a try. I only needed them once and it worked out fine.
Ken

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Or when you find out where he lives - :fire :fire :puke

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
You can also call the police where he lives and file a report. They tend to take a rather dim view of such activities.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If I lived in Arkansas, I'd just ask for a case of beer and a camcorder... I'd provide my own baseball bat...

That really sux man... from now on, do what I do and ask them to setup a private Ebay auction. EBay is so big that they will eat it if you get burnt. I also found out the hard way, but I wasn't out anything near $600...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
yeah thats the same one i found when i ran his name , thats why i asked if it was NY or Arkansas.. call the local police and let them deal with him.. and if the cops couldnt do much then a baseball bat and a camcorder can be ur next option.. goodluck
Ash

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Damn Lurker that sucks..hope u paid with credit card or bank check..i wouldnt even bother to submit paypal dispute i would call credit card company or bank adv them u would like to dispute charge on the bases that u never recieved the item u paid for and was not provided any shipping info from seller..they may send u a form to sign and u would get ur money back and they would charge it back to paypal..

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Cut his ****ing head off!

Why did that take so long to get posted?

Hope you can get this resolved through normal routes. Sure would suck for him to find someone put a flaming rag in the gas tank of his GTO.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ah yes... the flaming rag...

Ah yes... the flaming rag...
Although, I actually KNOW someone who effectively ruined the motor of a 2002 Ford F150 by pouring nearly a kilo of sugar into the gas tank... That Sh*t works! And from what I heard of the investigation, once the sugar carmelized, there was no saving the motor... and I don't know if the "autopsy" was ever conclusive as to the cause of damage.
Cut his ****ing head off!

Why did that take so long to get posted?

Hope you can get this resolved through normal routes. Sure would suck for him to find someone put a flaming rag in the gas tank of his GTO.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
You must have to pour a ton of sugar in there. Ever see the episode of mythbusters where they tried to destroy the motor. Ran mothballs (gives a power boost) in the gas tank, sugar in the gas tank, a penny dropped onto the piston, and ultimately killed it with no coolant and no oil I think, but it took some punishment to get there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well, like I said, I'm pretty sure he dumped nearly the whole bag in there, and it was during the summer, so I'm sure the sugar was more likely to get into the fule system as opposed to the cold months when the sugar may just settle at the bottom of the tank... I can't say that I saw this guy pour the sugar in, but I was there later in the week when the owner of the truck was running around like a mad man because he was "SURE" he know who had "F*CKED WITH MY TRUCK!!!"... Now, it may have been crazy coincidence, but I personally doubt it.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
large trucks are easy to mess with loosen drain plug , rear def fill plug,trans plug etc etc..by the time they notice there is a problem thousands of dollars of damage has already happend :laugh.. but i rather take it out on the person not there property!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts