TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
There is a ton of money to be made here. Makes sense for Google to compete. More sense than buying YouTube for 1.65 billion anyway!

·
Registered
764 Posts
:stupid

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
It'd be easy to use ebay and google's pay system, even if ebay won't integrate it. Not like ebay can stop someone from paying someone else through google.

·
Registered
269 Posts
competition is good, it makes thngs cheaper for us. but probably not in this case

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Although another point Duken raised .... Would you trust a company that forked out Billions for a video hosting site with YOUR money ??

Never understood how any web based company could be worth Billions :dunno

:hail TLR's

·
5,503 Posts
Google's stock price has gone up so much that they have billions and billions of market capitalization dollars in the form of their retained stock to deploy for acquisitions. It is actually a good idea for Google to diversify and not have all their eggs in one basket. Ask any internet millionaire who foolishly did not sell significant shares, that at one time were worth millions on paper, in his useless internet startup before the bubble burst. Google is smart to diversify.

Still, I think Google could do a better job of diversifying than buying YouTube, especially at that price. If I was in charge, I would diversify it into something completely different than their core business. Doing the financial thing that is the topic of this thread is a logical move. Maybe a Google credit card is next. I think they need to branch out further into something more "concrete". Maybe Google will buy out GMAC and wind up owning the mortgage on your home. Google has enough market capitalization at their current stock price, which is north of $500 a share last I checked, to buy and sell all of us 10 times over :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I think google should buy a small soverign island and put in a high-end health-care and medical research center........The FDA is astoundingly good at preventing technological and procedural improvements in health care, so good in fact that the nations top heart surgons won't practice in the states. That combined with a bunch of rich old boomers = potential market for a non-corecively regulated (aka free) healthcare industry. Perhaps if google teamed up with Dean Kamen (who happens to own a semi-soverign island off the cost of NY) they could make it happen:D

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
you guys are way too smart for me...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yes doctor:laugh

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
no seriously :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Right, ... The DR is Smart as Hell as well. I'm just slightly below average. Hmmm, maybe I'm not even average in the smart category. Most of you make me feel ummm below average in the smarts department.

·
5,503 Posts
you guys are way too smart for me...
Now that is funny :lol Different areas of expertise. Put our heads together and we make a helluva team :)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
it would be nice to have an alternative for the times I´m forced to use this graphic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts