TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news is , I went to Deals Gap last week and had a great time. I met a couple of TLZONE members up there too . All I have to say is that is one awsome road ! I am already making plans to go back in the spring. Now the bad news, Friday morning on my way up to the Gap I low sided the TLR going into one of the corners befor the look out on the Tn. side. It was about 40 degrees out that morning and my best guess is the tires must not have been warmed up yet. I came into a right hand- up hill corner, made it past the apex and was just getting on the gas when it slid out from underneath me. I was only going about 20-25 so the damage is not to bad. The upper has a little rash along with the miror. The right side fairing is rashed and so is my clutch cover. The brake lever is broke and the mid-pipe and canister are also rashed. I came out pretty good just a little rash on my elbow(about the size of a quarter) and some sore ribs. Now comes the fun part of rebuilding and a new paint job. My only concern is the mid-pipe on my Yosh system, can I get just the mid-pipe or do I have to order a new header to get the pipe?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I believe Yosh sell parts, so you should be ok - check their website and send em an email :thumbup

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
They still have the parts they just may not know it. :laugh

When I ordered my last mid pipe I was told 4-6 weeks since it was no longer in stock. I had it less than a week later... Someone just didn't know what they were looking for when I placed the order.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Save the busted brake pedal, and your front brake lever if it has the ball broken off.

both are worth $10 USD each...

and save the clutch cover, if you are going to replace it, I'll take it, rashed and all as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
laffin gas and myself were there each with seperate groups.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rifleman I was going to contact you about the clutch cover, but you answered my question. As soon as I get around to disassembling the bike I will send you the clutch cover, I was planning on getting a clear one anyway.The right front brake lever is busted just past the ball and the rear has the end broke off. I have a spare front but need to get the rear. I will also send them to you if you want them.I have not had a chance to call anyone about the pipe yet, should I call Yosh directly or should I call Pipe City where I got the system from? Thanks for the help. Gra4er your white TLR is really cool looking, I see you made it home safely hopefully we will see you again up there soon. Had alot of fun up there, eventhough I laid the bike down. Good excuse to repaint the bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts