TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got of my bike to read a email from by friends sister saying he got cut of on his r6 by a woman.Both his legs are damaged, but his left leg is severly damage and they are not sure they can save it. His whole left side from his hip down to his toe is severly damaged. crushed hip, damaged spleen, lung and kidney. He is not doing very well at all. They do believe he will live there is not damage to his head or neck, but he is going to be in the hospital for 5-6 weeks with about 15-20 surgeries. Right now they just closed his legs up to prevent infection so maybe they can save his left leg.He has 3 kids and is a single dad.WTF,makes me think about having a bike if i ever do have a family.I always said i would,girlfriend says i won't

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...thoughts go out to your friend...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Prayers sent:thumbup

I was just reading an article not too long about about how bad the egronomics of most bikes (esp sport bikes) are in regard to rider safty in frontal impacts. It seems having a near verticle metal tank directly in front of your crotch is a very bad thing.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Damb ............ all the best to your mate KT

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Thoughts go out to your mate for a full and speedy recovery.....i share your sentiments on the bike thing....every week you hear of another rider killed or seriously injured and it does make you wonder if the thing you love doing the most is not really the best thing to be doing..............

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Thoughts go out to your mate for a full and speedy recovery.....i share your sentiments on the bike thing....every week you hear of another rider killed or seriously injured and it does make you wonder if the thing you love doing the most is not really the best thing to be doing..............

But Mike, you also hear of car deaths every week, of all kinds of deaths every week. There is no doubt that riding bikes is dangerous, but if you stopped doing everything that 'could' result in your death, the rest of your life may be pretty fuggin boring - probably better off dead :laugh

I dunno, i was nearly killed in a bike crash early last year :dowhat , be buggered if i can give up riding though :coocoo

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Hear what your saying Beaza....had a few good offs myself.....cant ever imagine giving them up,will admit though sometimes things happen that really make you think how dangerous they are....thing that bugs me the most is stuff like this thread where the guy on the bike hadnt done anything wrong but comes off second best....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just got of my bike to read a email from by friends sister saying he got cut of on his r6 by a woman.Both his legs are damaged, but his left leg is severly damage and they are not sure they can save it. His whole left side from his hip down to his toe is severly damaged. crushed hip, damaged spleen, lung and kidney. He is not doing very well at all. They do believe he will live there is not damage to his head or neck, but he is going to be in the hospital for 5-6 weeks with about 15-20 surgeries. Right now they just closed his legs up to prevent infection so maybe they can save his left leg.He has 3 kids and is a single dad.WTF,makes me think about having a bike if i ever do have a family.I always said i would,girlfriend says i won't
Sorry to hear about that. Where in NYC are you and where was he when it happened. I live in Staten ISland.

·
Registered
871 Posts
best wishes! hope he comes out ok!!!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Damn ... hope he pulls thru 100% :(

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Man, i got a sick feeling in my stomach just reading that! Seriously hope your mate makes a full recovery!!!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Sorry to hear Killer, after my last accident and a fractured pelvis which still hurts alot I think I'm giving up street riding. This is why I sold the TLS cheap. I knew I would rebuild it if it was here and I could not bring myself to part it.

Getting it out of the house and away from me was the best thing I could do. I doubt If I'll buy another bike anytime soon but if I do it will be a tard. Accidents could happen even on a tard though. I might stick to ATV's

Thoughts and prayers sent to your friend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
But Mike, you also hear of car deaths every week, of all kinds of deaths every week. There is no doubt that riding bikes is dangerous, but if you stopped doing everything that 'could' result in your death, the rest of your life may be pretty fuggin boring - probably better off dead
I totally agree!!!
Lifes too short to give up all the things we love because there is an element of risk to them.The worlds already too sanitised and worksafe.

I hope your mate does alright.Tell him he needs to get back on that horse asap.
Life is for living,not surviving!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just found out it was a 67 year old lady pulled right out infront of him from a side road.The speed limit was 55 on that road he was on.Scary thing is that i was on that road very close to where it happenned at the exact time.He was probably thinking like me that it may be the last ride of the year.It was real cold,in the low 40's

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that old bag has a lot of attachable assets and a shitload of excess liability insurance so he can at least recover monetarily. That is a 7 figure claim if I have ever heard of one.

This is further proof that the cagers simply don't see us. Ride carefully around them and may luck be on our side. We always try to rely on our riding skill and anticipatory ability, but there are times luck is all we have left. :(

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
OH man does that suck ass... Best wishes to your pal for a COMPLETE recovery... Better Get a Lawyer... your freind is gonnna need lots of clams to recover...for his family's sake if not his! ugh.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I'll be thinking about your buddy, hope he's OK.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts