TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gold tokico six-pot calipers TLS/TLR

$75 Shipped in the continental US, I will ship outside the US but buyer pays actual shipping cost.
PayPal is preferred. Add 4% for PayPal fees if it apply's.

Good condition, I can take more pictures at your request.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
True enough! They would look good on mine too... but I have SO many other things to get first. :banghead

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to keep them but by the time I get around to rebuilding them I will have everything for the radial swap. :coocoo

That and it is always good for the misses to see me selling something when I just bought something from someone here on the zone. Especially since I doubt I will ever use it for its intended purpose. :devious

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
If they had been for sale one week earlier, I would have been all over 'em. Those are the ones with the lightweight pistons :drool.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Pre 2006, the pistons are fairly heavy, paperweights. 2006-on, Tokico used a lightweight alloy which cut down the weight of the significantly. You can tell the difference by looking at the caliper bolts that secure the 2 halves. The older ones use regular hex head bolts. The lightweight ones use the star-shaped bolts.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I have the gold ones as you can see above, I also have these ones split at this very moment

Other than the bolts I can't tell any difference between the two sets?
I have heard that they changed from a stainless steel piston to an alloy of some kind but never knew which it applied to.
I have so far found 3 different piston variations on these callipers oOo, ooO, ooo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts