TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im clued up on the regs for shark fins and lockwired sump plugs etc:) But just read an old thread on ACU gold stamped lids. I have two helmets... An Arai quantam doohan rep and an Arai condor. I peeled the ACU gold sticker off the doohan rep a bit back now as it was stuck over the graphics on the back and now it just says "VOID":banghead The condor still has the gold ACU sticker on. Does this now mean i can no longer use my doohan for hillclimbing etc due to me peeling the sticker off:O The doohan quantam is a better lid than the condor and i would like to use this over the condor.Quality of pics is shite in some of photos but you can just about make out the "VOID" on the doohan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, think you may have voided the warranty. Also i guess its a way of ensuring that the gold sticker is not swapped over on to more inferior lids that wouldnt otherwise meet the standard the gold sticker represents

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
When I was racing , the stickers of the time would be removed from a helmet that failed scrutineering.

i'd suggest you contact the regional racing controlling body. they will have regulations available to read which actually cover the situation. It may be possible to replace the sticker. but ultimately its when you arrive at scrutineering hat in hand and they say yes or no.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Mines the Doohan rep aswell but getting old now.
(I nearly put yours on at Scarborough LOL)

You have to have the ACU sticker and it has to be the later type with the 2 lines around it.

I have been known to blag ACU stickers, your local helmet shop might help you out or speak to some of the helmet painters.

After the NEC a few years back I rang one of the trade stand companies to say I had bought a helmet and there was no ACU sticker on it and they posted me one :devious

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
You can buy the ACU Gold stickers on e-gay :devious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts