TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Maybe I should document the inside of the valve cover from the car my old lady used to drive.
121,000 Miles with 5 oil changes.
Still running like a top.

Better yet, No -that would be just as boring as what I just read thru in the link above.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The only sad thing is that my Springfield will do the same damn thing... YAAAWWWNNN....

But then again, pistols are like bikes... the Springfield is like the TL and the Glock like the gixxer...:bounce

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only sad thing is that my Springfield will do the same damn thing... YAAAWWWNNN....

But then again, pistols are like bikes... the Springfield is like the TL and the Glock like the gixxer...:bounce
Well quick run to the store and get yourself a trophy:) ...I agree with the difference between the two and that is exactly why i went back to the Glock after owning an XD:D...I am the Juggernaut bitch, you can't argue with me...

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Ed and Sweet two TLZ resident haters...
Not hating my friend, just found it to be pretty boring is all.

It's nice that a glock can go thru all that I guess, but I could think of similar sorts of torture tests for all kinds of things -microwaves -toaster ovens etc...

But as long as you're sold then don't let me get in the way of your love for glocks. :thumbup

I guess my thinking is - isn't that side arm supposed to be attached to someone?
Could your body take the same treatment that the gun went thru?
I guess it's nice to know that if you get pushed out of an airplane that your glock will still work after they pull your corpse out of the ground. :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
They are tough I suppose but I can't stand the way they feel/shoot. Just big, clunky and crude imho. I'll take an H&K any day:yes Just like bikes, there's a good reason there's a wide varity of guns around, what works for some folks doesn't work out so well for others (my dad's a huge glock fan).

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are tough I suppose but I can't stand the way they feel/shoot. Just big, clunky and crude imho. I'll take an H&K any day:yes Just like bikes, there's a good reason there's a wide varity of guns around, what works for some folks doesn't work out so well for others (my dad's a huge glock fan).
Very well put my friend...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Well quick run to the store and get yourself a trophy:) ...I agree with the difference between the two and that is exactly why i went back to the Glock after owning an XD:D...I am the Juggernaut bitch, you can't argue with me...

LOL nice! I've had my "trophy" for about 2 years now and can't complain a bit! And Glock to me is like the gixxer, everyone has one and I don't like being everyone, which is why I had a TLS and a TLR at a time...

I won't argue with you cause we both know arguing on the internet is for retards! :laugh Take it easy man!:thumbup

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Not to throw a wrench into the mix, I am a firearms instructor (supervisor) with the NYPD and I have seen my fair share of Glock 19's wet the bed with reliability issues. My main concern with them is Glock's inability to stop Phase 3 malfunctions in these pistols.
I have seen these first hand and they were such a concern that I changed my preference for carry sidearms.
Not a believer? just do a web search for Glock Phase 3 malfunctions.
Glock's main problem is that the ejector is mounted too low and the bolt face of the upper allows too much play in where the round sits. Coupled with the flexibilty of the polymer lower, the phase three malfunction is a serious issue. Upon firing the Glock, the lower receiver flexes from the recoil of the fired round. With the Glock pistol, there exists the potential for the fired case to miss the ejector and remain on the slide with the extractor. That fired case then strips a fresh round from the magazine and the pistol then becomes jammed in a way that is nearly impossible to clear without tools. Not a comforting thing for a carry pistol you may have to protect your life with.
Ken

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
And Glock to me is like the gixxer, everyone has one and I don't like being everyone
Sorry, but this comment is more retarded when it comes to firearms than it is for bikes. Seriously, do you really look around at the range and think, "God, I'm so pretensious that I'm glad I don't have the same pistol everyone else has."

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, but this comment is more retarded when it comes to firearms than it is for bikes. Seriously, do you really look around at the range and think, "God, I'm so pretensious that I'm glad I don't have the same pistol everyone else has."
:lol...Sweet has just been owned...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not to throw a wrench into the mix, I am a firearms instructor (supervisor) with the NYPD and I have seen my fair share of Glock 19's wet the bed with reliability issues. My main concern with them is Glock's inability to stop Phase 3 malfunctions in these pistols.
I have seen these first hand and they were such a concern that I changed my preference for carry sidearms.
Not a believer? just do a web search for Glock Phase 3 malfunctions.
Glock's main problem is that the ejector is mounted too low and the bolt face of the upper allows too much play in where the round sits. Coupled with the flexibilty of the polymer lower, the phase three malfunction is a serious issue. Upon firing the Glock, the lower receiver flexes from the recoil of the fired round. With the Glock pistol, there exists the potential for the fired case to miss the ejector and remain on the slide with the extractor. That fired case then strips a fresh round from the magazine and the pistol then becomes jammed in a way that is nearly impossible to clear without tools. Not a comforting thing for a carry pistol you may have to protect your life with.
Ken
Yes i remember back in the day it was a huge issue but I am on my second G19 right now with no issues whatsoever...I use quality ammo so BOOM is no issue for me either ( at least thats what i keep telling myself:laugh )...

·
14,150 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way. Wasn't trying to own anyone, but I hate that comment about sportbikes. You ride what makes you happy, not what makes you stand out from the crowd when posing at Starbucks. I can't see where owning a firearm wouldn't follow this thinking as well. To me you carry what fits your hand, what you feel comfortable shooting with and can hit the target with, what you feel is reliable, and then some aesthetics come into play. You don't select a handgun because you want to be different.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Jasen if you seriously think that's why I bought my pistol then you haven't the slightest knowledge of me and how much I read up on items before I buy them.....

It was a thought after the fact that I bought it.... BUT I did by the TL to be different. That and that I loved the torque!

·
14,150 Posts
Trust me, I know this about you. But when you put it out the way you did, that's the impression it gives and I hate when people stand on their soapbox and feel they have to throw that out as the biggest argument for their purchase.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts