TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate electrical and im no Steve Hawking, but went to go out today, bike is dead after riding it home last night and turning it off. Have taken battery out and have put all the leads on it and it says its fully chraged etc.

My dash is dead, no clicking, nothing..its as if its not even turned on. Im going out now, and ill come back later, but anything to look for?? i hate electrics!!! couldnt see any broken leads etc...but any ideas and then ill have a look later...thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
look at the connectors on the fuse assy too.

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
Check the yellow and white connectors under teh left ram air cover. Pull them apart and look for corrosion and/or burned wires.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Seems this problem is popping up alot recently... I still haven't solved my problem :laugh

I have soldered the wires from that white plug together, and also soldered the wires on the sarter solenoid but still have the problem.. From what SteveTLS has helped me with, i have to replace my battery.. So once i got that in i'll let you's know if the problem is solved :laugh

Could it have anything to do with the charging system on the bike? Like it's not doing enough to keep the battery at it's best?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
like the others said white plug on left front of bike and starter solinoid. theres some good threads on it lately

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it...i dont know what it is called but its the wire that comes out from the Start button and into the elay., i think what its called. seems when i wobbled it, the lights went on..hence how i found it and took it apart, and yep...some nice green dusty stuff on the connector...all good now, cheers!

·
Registered
802 Posts
You really need to disconnect the battery
Remove the connector from the plastic block
clean it , a glass fibber brush works well
tighten up the female connector, greasy and reassemble

If it is just working the connection will get hot and melt the connector

Sounds like we should spend sum time drinking beer and fixing electrics

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill drink the beer and u fix the electrics..ill supply!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts