TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Frank,
I live near Frankfurt in Germany. My english is far away from perfect, but I hope you'll understand my discriptions.
I've been working on my TLR for nearly 2 Jears now. My target was and still is building a TLR lighter and as strong as a Duc 1098.
To reach it, I redesigned the Chassis, a 1140 Motor is in work, and many other things I have problems to discribe in english, but I will do my best to do this later. For german speakers (and readers:)) :This is the link to my thread on the german TL 1000 board: http://www.tl1000.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14929&sid=b232df975af47da2fe2465a7dbe3e835

At the moment I have nearly finished the Chassis. My Friend Wolli, he is the german TL-Pope:hail is working on the 1140ccm Motor. Target: 165 hp on the clutch.

Here are pictures of chassis with a enginedummy:

Now it's getting complicated for me, I try to explain my modifications:

The frontfork is a mixery of modified original TLR an GSX-R 1000 K8 parts:
The tubes are original TLR, the steel tube is coated with carbon (WC/C), the aluminium tube is black hardcoated plus extra PTFE layer. The fork bottoms are OEM GSX-R1000 K8, the cartridges are special parts by Andreani with 25mm diameter. The triple clamp yoke is cnc milled with a variable offset by BKG. The Wheels are the latest 6-spoke PVM forged magnesium. Brake radiators cmc by Brake tech. Calipers and maste brakecylinder from Brembo.

The rear suspension is also a mixery: Öhlins and Wilbers. The mods are too hard for me to discribe it in english now, sorry.

The rear swingarm is fitted with new rear ends, constructed by me and CNC milled. These Ends are 30mm longer than the oem's, The chain adjusters are constructed to mount the rear brakecaliper on the right side and to adjust the rearwheel, when the rear axis is removed.

I hope you enjojed the Story. At the end I have a question: Rufer told me that someone here fabricated inserts for the TLR mainframe: for the headsetangle and the hight of the swingarm. Can anyone tell me who it is?

Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
vandriver

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
There is a group buy going on in the group buy section. They are called swing arm ecentrics.
That bike is going to be one awesome machien. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Hi Frank!! Nice to see you around here. Excellent machine of course!
PS: The inserts from Vandriver are swingarm excentrics, not headstock inserts.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Beautiful bike project, really like the air box volume:thumbup

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very nice bike.Sehr gute Arbeit.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
fisch, your English is better than a lot of guys who've been speaking it their whole lives!:laugh Nice work. Please keep us updated.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Looking Great :hail

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Harris do (or used to do :O) adjustable stearing head yokes and inserts.

I have them on my TLR trackbike, not for sale unfortunately.

I'm very interested in that rear suspension linkage though :confused looks rising rate :dowhat does it work, and how well?

Keep up the good work! :thumbup

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
cool stuff Frank and welcome onboard :bigfinger

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
:drool Some VERY nice bits and pieces there, cant wait to see the finished results.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What type of steering head adjustment are you looking for? I've run both Attack and Kosman adjustible clamps. They do trail adjustments only but I found they were very effective for improving tailoring the handling of the bike. It's a simple enough design that I'd really recommend any brand with the right size and a few different eccentrics.

Kosman

Attack

·
Registered
182 Posts
That radiator is SWEET!!!! should be able to handle the extra "heat". Sweet project and your english is pretty damn good!Way better than my german!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
:drool :drool

Cant wait to see it finished!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like where this is going :devious Keep it up!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts