TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fetched me back wheel off for yet anther rear tire. :banghead :devious mmmmm racetecs:laugh but i noticed this ,and the last time i had the wheel off was that the gap between the wheel and swinger is about 5mm. maybe it's because i now have a tlr swingarm on:O i know they're supposed to have a small amount of play until you tighten the wheel up. but thought this a bit too much play.:O think i'm gonna put a washer in to take out some or most of the play........ your thoughts:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I think that's pretty normal for a TL, I have no idea why the the swingers always seem sorta spring - too wide for the wheel and get squished in by the axle nut:O

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me either. it makes it easier to fit the wheel back on. but it makes adjusting the chain a pain as it thightens up when the wheel nut is tightened. wouldn't think it would do the welds any good being under stress all the time..... just like the rotary damper mounts....doh

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I find not doing up my locking nut prevents the arm from squashing, I have now completed 1 trackday and 1 lively paced day along the mountain passes of Cumbria.
I say its the future

:laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I'll dig out my spoons, my technique is much quicker than your local bikeshop, I'll get you out riding whilst your friends are all still in the bikeshop:thumbup

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
my wheel is an arse to get in.............it's as though mine is too narrow!!

i even gave the bearings another whack to seat them in further - made refitting a little easier.

·
Registered
99 Posts
jagboy1 said:
me either. it makes it easier to fit the wheel back on. but it makes adjusting the chain a pain as it thightens up when the wheel nut is tightened. wouldn't think it would do the welds any good being under stress all the time..... just like the rotary damper mounts....doh
Reverse the rear axle so the nut is on the brake side. Then the chain adjustment doesn't change when you tighten the nut. All the racers do it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i tried that...it doesnt work!!! just as much of a pita to adjust the chain as it was with the axle the right way round..

zook 5-0 said:
Reverse the rear axle so the nut is on the brake side. Then the chain adjustment doesn't change when you tighten the nut. All the racers do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts