TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the core squid squad went for a ride today, that would be me, Chad (Misfire), Tye (Tye) and Diana (TLRDougJR). We rode about 150 miles or so on our favorite twisty roads. The TLS rocks, smooth everywhere, lots of power and wheelies are just too damned easy. Diana rode along on the SV and it was a hoot. I rode a high speed section on the SV and was rocking it off the rev limiter and got a couple of good wheelies out of it. The most noticeable thing about it was the smooth turn in and how if you weren't careful you would go way to the inside. Tye has similar trouble with his 06 Gixxer 750, turns way too damn good. I also rode the TLR, had to try it, hadn't been on it since last year in Ocotber or so. Man that thing has some ass! Lots of speed, ran it to 155 indicated and rolled off of it. Those PVM's really do make it easier to turn in and you can really feel it swapping between the S and R.

All in all it was a fantastic ride, the Squid Squad did well, even Tye and no damage was done except to each other's ego's. Hope fully we will get more chances for group rides. Was a hoot, here are some great things I heard while bench racing at "pit stops"

"What do you mean you do those wheelies in 3rd gear"

"Man, you got some chicken strips on that Gixxer"

"I can't push that hard on the street"

"Diana hasn't got chicken strips on her SV"

"Doug is an asshole"

"Chad is an asshole"

"This $*#*ing camera didn't record shit"

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:lol Wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then it would have been.......

"Damn this seat is high"

"This one too..."

"can you give me a boost to the water fountain?"

:lol :lol

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
pmsl @ doug:laugh :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:rotfl

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok, after some extensive research I think I figured out what the problem with the camera was.......User Error if you can believe that..

I was sticking the camera in the bag sideways to try and relive the pressure on the A/V cable and direct it towards the zipper. (Tye, don't get excited that I said zipper.) This, I think, was causing the on/off switch to be switched off. There is a safety button that you have to push to turn the selector to "ON" but there is no safety feature for flipping the switch to "OFF".

So...next time, I'm taping the fugging switch. If that doesn't work, we'll see how well a Sony Handi Cam handles ricocheting off the asphalt at a buck fiddy..

·
Registered
211 Posts
you could always get one of those nifty mounts you see all the time on ebay. i think it mounts to your gas tank.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Whoohoo, sounds like fun:thumbup

·
14,150 Posts
you could always get one of those nifty mounts you see all the time on ebay. i think it mounts to your gas tank.
I've got one of those, and they just get in the way of your riding. Plus when you've got a helmet cam, it's easier to stick the recording camera elsewhere.

Misfire, I know how that feels. I took mine to record the mountain bike trail. Got it all set up, started recording, stuck it in the bag and off I went. When I got back I went to check my video and I'd gotten the entire 16 seconds of video of me putting the camera in the bag. Turns out I'd hit the stop button when I put it in.

If you don't have one I'd highly recommend picking up a cable that has the 90 degree bend on the part you plug into your camcorder. It works much better than the one that I had that came with the camcorder.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've got one of those, and they just get in the way of your riding. Plus when you've got a helmet cam, it's easier to stick the recording camera elsewhere.

Misfire, I know how that feels. I took mine to record the mountain bike trail. Got it all set up, started recording, stuck it in the bag and off I went. When I got back I went to check my video and I'd gotten the entire 16 seconds of video of me putting the camera in the bag. Turns out I'd hit the stop button when I put it in.

If you don't have one I'd highly recommend picking up a cable that has the 90 degree bend on the part you plug into your camcorder. It works much better than the one that I had that came with the camcorder.

Where do I get the 90? I'd love to have one. I'm aleady wearing the port on the camera out with all the pluging and unpluging.

I missed out on some GREAT footage. My plan is to put together a cool TL vid with the S and R running the backroads and the track. Yesterday I lost some AWESOME footage running 51 behind Doug and then on a seperate occasion running some really fast stuff. I was so pissed after the second mis that I REALLY wanted to smash something.

I'm actually considering one of those tank mounted camera mounts. That way I could get the cool bullet cam angles and verify the recording by looking at the camera. The problem, as you have stated is that the camera is in the way and if I get pulled over, it's incrimnating. The way I have it cabled now the only thing visible is the bullet and it is pretty well hidden. My new camera bag fits nicely under the hump. (Which I broke yesterday for the 4th or 5th time.)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chad missed all the really cool Doug stunts.....:banghead

I had a fit over my camera too, so I feel their pain. I think a LANC would solve it and +1 on wanting the link to the cable with the 90 Jasen, cough it up boy!

·
14,150 Posts
I just picked it up when my wife was working for Wolf Camera. They had several different ones. I went all over though looking for alternatvies as it was like $20-$25 for the cable. Couldn't find what I wanted anywhere but there and being as I'd broken my non-90 degree cable by rolling on it on the dirt bike I really needed a new one.

·
14,150 Posts
Click for a biggun of course.

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
here are some great things I heard while bench racing at "pit stops"
"Damn Tye, your bike sure does pelt me with rocks"... Can't help it that the Ole Gixxer can tear up some asphault.:hail

"Man, you got some chicken strips on that Gixxer"
New set of tires Doug.:banghead

"What do you mean you do those wheelies in 3rd gear"
Gotta love a twin.:devious

(Tye, don't get excited that I said zipper.)
Don't flatter yourself Chad...you gotta put on the yellow shirt to get my attention:devious

·
Registered
909 Posts
Don't flatter yourself Chad...you gotta put on the yellow shirt to get my attention:devious
Touche' Tye, Touche'! :hail :laugh

Jasen, that is a totaly different connector than the Sony.:banghead

·
14,150 Posts
Doh! I forgot you have a Sony. This is why I don't buy Sony so much anymore...bastards can't follow simple standards and stay with the rest of the companies. Cables, memory cards, etc. Bastards.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beta was awesome! VHS will never be any good. I tossed my Sanyo $450.00 Beta VCR in the trash a few years ago, it had a great picture though! :lol :banghead

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok, I did some searching and it appears that Sony has several different AV cables. The one that Jasen is showing is the "old" style. The one on my camera is a "10 pin" and only available on a few of thier "high end" models. I haven't been lucky enough to find one with a 90 on it yet......but I'm still looking.

Woo Hoo! This camera shit is a pain in the ass! (Tye, don't get excited that I said "pain in the ass.")

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I think our new GTSS Names should be as follows

Misfire=Camel Toe

Tye=Pit Bitch #1

Doug=Old Fat Guy

Diana= Diana

Jasen= Mini-me

:lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts