TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was supposed to be a track day, but it rained and we were looking for something to do. I suggested we mod the TLS SOAS so when I get the new stuff, it will be easy money.:devious

Chad (Misfire) and Tye (Tye) were in, so we came back to my garage and started on it. About 20 minutes in we had the SOAS out and I was using hte dremel on the threads. Wasn't long before Misfire took a turn and we traded off a couple of times, but it was taking all day. I grabbed up the SOAS and ground her down on the bench grinder in a second or two and we had the thing done and got both collars all the way off!:)

The spring proved a bit more difficult as we used a couple of hose clamps to compress it and a screwdriver until we finished the grinding above. The spring came off and I think I shattered Misfire and Tye's expectations when I said, "Alright, lets put her back together"

They said, "What about the new spring?", Well, I said, "I don't have it yet, this was practice, you know a drill."

The look on their faces were priceless :dowhat :dowhat

What sort of moron takes a bike apart and modifies it so he can do it again later? Well I am that moron. :lol

Anyway, it wasn't a total loss, we played with the TLS for about 3 hours, Tye had a problem with his shirt, I will let him tell it. And Misfire only smashed a finger. I hunted the same 2 or 3 tools over and over. The SOAS is ready for the new spring. Very successful day all told.

Squid Squad was on top of form.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I do that too. The wife will say "Why are you taking the bike (or anything else) apart now? Is something broken?

Then I tell her, "Nope, just practicing I wanted to see how this part works.!!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts