TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is non-TL related, but I know how good this board has been since the PLanet days. My riding buddy has an FZ-1 that is making a rattling noise when the clutch is pulled in. Anyone have any ideas or can you point us in the right direction? Thanks!

:banghead :banghead

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Where's the rattling noise coming from. Have you popped the clutch cover off to take a look?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, haven't taken off the cover yet. The noise is only when the bike is running and the clutch is pulled in. It's definitely under the clutch cover on the right side.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, but I can figure out a lot of things. Usually in that situation I'd at least pop the cover off and have a look around, there might be something very obvious.

Oh yea, and I can't speak for that bike in particular but on the TL you can remove the cover with it on it's sidestand and you won't leak any oil. Might drain the oil just in case....and look at the oil for debris that may occur because of this problem. I probably wouldn't continue riding the bike though till you discover what it actually is as some things can cause more damage if you let them continue.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
with the clutch pulled the plates have no pressure on them and can move around a little.but to here them rattle isnt good,I suspect something is loose or broken. is there a bearing on the end of the push rod? it could be fukt perhaps.
Of no real help I know..he needs to look into this sooner rather than later.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Great FZ-1 site. I am very interested in getting one of those for next season.

Seems a Akro full system and some FI mods nets 150 hp and fat midrange. I smell a new project :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
hhmm, sounds like a 4 cyl. Ducati:laugh Ducs do that cuz they run a dry system, though. I'd wonder about whether a spring's gotten broken in there.:confused

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
FZ-1 aibox mod. Hmm. Looks familiar :laugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts