TLZone Forums banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I have the wheels here, and going to sell those
They may fit, the TL front and rear axle fits into the Duc wheels with no problem
Space is pretty the same

BUT, with more than 120hp its really not recommended to use spoked wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, I don't think I saw what I needed in here, so maybe someone who has done this will chime in. I need to know what it takes to put a 05-08 gsxr 1000 rear wheel on my TLR. I have the complete gsxr wheel, with spacers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i am not shure what the 05>08 rim is about, the 04 rear wheel should fit with the model specific spacer and rearbrake adapter

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am not shure what the 05>08 rim is about, the 04 rear wheel should fit with the model specific spacer and rearbrake adapter
Thanks, but I need specifics on the 05-08 gsxr wheel. This is what I'm putting on my TLR. It's a set, but the front is for a busa, (which will fit), and the rear is 05-08 gsxr 1K. Which I want to make fit. Thanks again though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I decided to just have a go at it. Looks like I don't have to do anything. Width wise everything fit perfect. I gotta check the rotor alignment though. I'll post up if I had any issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
heres the table I mean
maybe you have to check the witdth of your fork/tripple clamps
and use spacers under your brakediscs, when use spacers you must use one from a billet block, cast aluminium ist not suitable for this application
also you will need longer screws for the discs

on front discs I can recommend the discs from a sv1000, these are a bit lighter and smaller
but only work with radial caliper mod on your fork ends

also a scottoiler is pretty nice, I just split my bike into pieces and the rear sprocket made from aluminium
that was used for 2 years is quite as new, together with a light 520ZZZ racing chain you will save some kilogramms on your bike with ease
and the small light chain gives more power to the rear wheel

well you must figure out what you need

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Here's a more up to date version of my chart

The Busa front wheel will fit as long as it's not the 08 onwards one :thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, Thanks Steve and Sam for posting up the chart. Damn great info there.
But my front Carrozzeria wheel IS 99-07 hayabusa. So no fitment issues there. The only thing I was in question about was the rear wheel. My rear Carrozzeria wheel is 05-08 gsxr 1000. Wasn't sure how that was going to work.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
did it work without any big modifications? :O

·
Registered
153 Posts
In worst case build in and check for clearance but it should not be that tricky
Suzuki is a good company, they use many parts in many bikes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got it figured out. All I had to do is trim the rear brake hanger, 1/8 of an inch. On the wheel side. Fit like a glove. Have a pic of what I trimmed, will post it later. Time for a ride. ;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
thats a pretty easy fit :thumbup

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hi, i just bought R1 wheels. i think its off 04-06 r1. could someone explain what i need to do or to buy to make these wheels fit to TLS? would really appreciate this info guys. :hail

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have a look here. http://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-tl1000r-tl1000s-forum/126305-r1-front-end-wheel-conversion.html
Its easy to fit it when using the r1 front end, the rear can be quite easy as the r1 and the tl share the same axle diameter. The std rear caliper fouls on the wheel hub though so i replaced it with a matching r1 rear brake(any other small caliper that is known to fit might also do the job?) with the r1 brake like most now days they run on a slider bar and do not use a torque arm, cutting a slider bar and having it welded into position will solve this problem quite quick and easy then its just a matter of playing with a few spacers, from memory i think you needed to flip the rear chain sprocket over to help the alignment with the chain on the wheel(off sided). http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87713&highlight=rear+caliper
I opted to do a whole 06 r1 swingarm conversion though just for fun.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
thanks for the info mate, are these wheels really a lot (maybe twice) lighter than OEM?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The front definitely is lighter, i did weigh them complete minus tyres and the r1 front was lighter than the tls front, i dont remember how much was in it though as it was a while ago.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
don't really care about the looks actually, my goal is to get a better handling ;)

81 - 100 of 115 Posts