TLZone Forums banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Can anybody tell me if the 5 spoke rims on the ducati 996 wiil fit on the TL? what would i need to do to make this work(or are there any rims out there that look similar...I love the way that wheel looks...
Pretty sure they do, a couple of members have done it with new spacers etc :thumbup

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also thinking of installing a 200 series rear tire to experiment with. the TL already has a 190 series on it and i wonder how much difference there will be in ride quality,handling etc. And if i have to make any major adjustments. Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Okay, Aprilia Mille/ RSV and Tuono wheels are all lovely whether Oz or Brembo etc. What are the chances of getting these to fit our TLs? What would be required? Will the Disc PCDs line up?
The reason i ask is there's always a good secondhand supply of them on E-bay and the like and they are a lovely looking wheel.

·
15,414 Posts
Okay, Aprilia Mille/ RSV and Tuono wheels are all lovely whether Oz or Brembo etc. What are the chances of getting these to fit our TLs? What would be required? Will the Disc PCDs line up?
The reason i ask is there's always a good secondhand supply of them on E-bay and the like and they are a lovely looking wheel.
I think Sparkymarky has them on his ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ya he does. Maybe he can shed some light on exactly what's needed so. He gave me this though:
rear spindle is smaller on the mille
front wheel is 4.5 mm smaller overall
up to 04 is 5 spoke brembos
04 upwards are oz
Need some more info though

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
:stupid :yes

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Any new news on this topic?

·
Registered
534 Posts
And don't forget the SV1000 has the same new-style diamond-spoke wheels as the newer GSXRs, and in the preferred lighter 5.5" size and a very very nice silver color, and then you know they're not as old either.
Yep, K7 SV1000 (5.5") wheels are the same fitting as K2 GSXR1000 (6"). Mine are black so must be worth more :O

The rears fit 96 SRAD 750's - and therefore TL's, the fronts fit with that 3.5mm spacer. The SV front discs are smaller.

Anyone who needs "the spreadsheet" program - there are plenty of free downloadable ones around, such as the one included with OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org.

It only works on Windoze, Linux and Mac, though. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any idea if wheels off a ZX12R are the same axle size? Acquiring a pile of parts that used to be a TLR and am thinking about using the Marchesini wheels off one of my 12R's...

thanks

If not, I'll be measuring and posting results when I get the parts in the same spot...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, I bought a GSXR1000K9 swingarm for my 97 TLS, the rear wheel and spindle out of the TLS fitted in and lined up with everything inc disc diameter,K9 caliper,cush chain alignment etc, in fact it was scary, didnt think it would be so simple, now need to shorten it by 2" by replacing the pivot for the TL one and sort the suspension dilema.,

So I would say the K9 wheel is a complete direct swap

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been thinking about changing to busa rims, but does anyone know the difference in weight or if there is any difference at all?

I just dont see the purpose in fitting busa rims if there is no weight advantage.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I was looking this up last week and kept this Dont know if it helps you,

2005 Busa 08 GSXR 1000

Front wheel with rotors 17.75lbs 16.6lbs
Rear wheel complete 23.8lbs 19.2lbs
Rear wheel (bare) 13.6lbs 12.2lbs
Cush Drive w/sprocket 6.5lbs 4.2lbs
Rear rotor 2.4lb 1.75lb
Cush inserts weigh 7lb

Overall weight both wheels: 41.55 -- ------- 35.8lb = 5.75 lb savings

Just get the same reading for tl wheels...im sure if u do a search on here u will find it...doubt if there would not be 1 question who has asked..how much to tl wheels weigh :laugh

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a set of 2011 (2nd Gen) Busa rims, and the rear won't work. Rotor is way too big, and a 6-bolt. Front won't be an issue since I am swapping forks and brakes.

Anyone know if the 09-10 GSXR rear will work on the TLR? Looks like it has the smaller 5-bolt pattern but same spoke pattern as the Busa does.. thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just bought this set 2 days ago
Normally I dont like Ducati but I cant find any other rims that fit my needs and ****in Gusto

So powdercoat the rims mat-black and get a nice set of stainless spokes and some matching brakediscs

Probably I will be the first and only TLR rider who has spoked rims :banana

·
15,414 Posts
How many pop ups and adverts with those photo hosting links !!

Be careful running tubes on a big bike because those don't look like sealed rims ?

Should look nice though :thumbup

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use firefox with addblock never have any popups here

Jarp those rims are not sealed jet, but I found a nice How2 here:
http://www.teamincomplete.com/Projects/950/1719tubelesswhee.html

Whatever, I dont drive more than 180km/h without a fairing or any kind of windshield its not fun and my transmission setup
does not allow more than 190km/h

But thats what I want, brutale performance in the first 5 gears the 6th is just for hanging around on the autobahn
and saving fuel

61 - 80 of 115 Posts