TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question seems to get asked a lot.

What wheels are a direct bolt-on for our bikes, I haven't absorbed any of the answers, so those that know, can you please add them to this thread and I'll compile it into one thread and put it into the Frequent mod forum when it's done.

As I hope this will become the definitive guide to replacing / swapping wheels, please only post definites and not any "I thinks".

Thanks.

The front..

The rear, 6" and 5.5" as well, plus any that will fit with spacers / cush drives etc.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
when i asked, the consensus was the SRAD 600 rear wheel would fit and the 01+ 600/750 would fit if it included the spacers, cush drive, sprocket carrier. rear rotors are the same. FYI the SRAD 750 wheel is also 6" so no point in "converting" to a SRAD 750 wheel as you'd be getting the same wheel.

dunno about front.

·
Registered
937 Posts
mstingray said:
FYI the SRAD 750 wheel is also 6" so no point in "converting" to a SRAD 750 wheel as you'd be getting the same wheel.

dunno about front.
much easier to find on Ebay as an alternate.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I can tell you that the above is true and that Busa rims fit also. It is also interesting to note that if you want black rims, they are at least $100-$200 more expensive than their white and silver counterparts. They must be special :O :thatsgay

S

·
0 Posts
Jokertlr said:
It is also interesting to note that if you want black rims, they are at least $100-$200 more expensive than their white and silver counterparts. They must be special :O :thatsgay

How true, how true. You can buy my black front for 290$ :fingerlol

Marchesini's fit the TLR too :rotfl

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
02 gixxer rim direct swap and is few pounds lighter
02 front fits need your rotors and spacers to work
all together about 13 pound weight loss.best bang for the buck got a set from gixxer.com forsale section for 450.00

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumbup but gixxer what? 600/750/1000 all?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
13 poundsd between sets of stock wheels??

yikes

·
Registered
230 Posts
all together about 13 pound weight loss.

I call :bs. Have you weighed them yourself? There is no way there is a 13 lb difference to the newer GSXR wheels. That would mean they weigh half as much. Your still using the stock rotors, cush and sprocket carrier. Are the new GSXR wheels made out of carbon fiber? :O

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
the rims are gixxer 1k or 750 the 600 rear is a 5.5 unless your running 180 they'll be fine,as for the weight i have no hard proof on the weight advantage.but let me see if i can find some info on it.if it aint true then i'll be then first to say ive been had, since that is what i wastold and that is why i did the conversion.so for now let it be known that it could be bullshit.:)

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Hayabusa Rear fits, but beware that the brake disc diameter is larger and the cush drive spindle spacer is shorter :banghead

I noticed this after having new spacers made for my marchesini, with dimensions calculated from a Hayabusa wheel cos I couldn't be bothered to remove the rear from my TLS :coocoo

H

·
0 Posts
hmm, look at the part nos.. they are the smae for tls tlr and hayabusa... i looked at my ex roomies 02 busa wheels once, and they were the same... exactly

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
The Part Numbers are :-

TL Rear Disc 69211-33E10
Hayabusa Rear Disc 69211-21E00

TL Spacer 64751-33E00
Hayabusa Spacer 64751-24F00

I could be wrong, but the part numbers suggest otherwise :devious

·
Registered
545 Posts
Has somebody weighed those stock rims yet?:O I would love to hear what the real weight difference is!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rear TLR rim and rotor are 15.7 lbs hub is 3.9 lbs and the OEM rear sprocket is 1.9 lbs. I didn't weigh the cush drive.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I mounted wheels from a 2000 gixxer 600 (the last of the srad series with the rounded spokes like the tl) and they bolted up without any modifications. The rear is a 5.5 inch, the front is the same, but the colour matches the rear :)

·
Motarded,
1,127 Posts
I'm always looking for a deal on aftermarket wheels and they're usually hard to find advertised for TLS's specifically. I'd like to know what other wheels will interchange. I've read this thread and can't really decipher a lot of the stuff posted here.

Here's a question. What other Suzuki wheels will fit a '97 TLS (same brake rotors)? :O

1 - 20 of 115 Posts