TLZone Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Does anyone what the number on the master cylinder should be
for tlr as I upgraded the six pistons and the master cylinder I got makes it better but it's still spongy:O yes I did bleed them loads of times!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Whew! I just read all this thread :eek:mg

I'll have to wait for the summary. :confused

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I thought I'd give it 2 years before I condensed it all. Only a few months to go now :laugh

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Aldebaran said:
guys will a brembo MC of 19/20 fit the tlr?
yes dude.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This thread is starting to get pretty confusing... Can anyone help me out? I'd just like gold ones from a gsxr? without changing the MC

any suggestions?

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
Kenwood96 said:
so which calipers do fit? I would like a goldie at the back of my tiller, any suggestion?
For the back use an 01/02 GSXR1k caliper. You can also use the rear disk. I'm using an 04 GSXR1k rear disk.

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
Kenwood96 said:
This thread is starting to get pretty confusing... Can anyone help me out? I'd just like gold ones from a gsxr? without changing the MC

any suggestions?
I assume this is for the front since the last one was for the rear. You can't use the GSXR calipers up front. You can use the gold calipers from a 03 TLR, a Busa or a Kawai ZX model.

These are from a ZX12R...

The gold from the Busa and 03TLR is a little nicer than the ZX line but it still looks good.

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
lumpy said:
so i can just put on tlr calipers and not change rotors or anything ?
Correct. The larger TLR master cylinder may be beneficial though.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
No summary yet Steve. :rant

Thanks Burn., that helps the simple people like myself. :lol

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
deltl1ks said:
No summary yet Steve. :rant

Thanks Burn., that helps the simple people like myself. :lol
2 years isn't up yet. Then I condense it :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
so i can put the tlr on the front without changing rotors and stuff what about the rear or would there be no benifit

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
Rear is the same. Even the Busa and TLR's gold anodized caliper is the same 'unit'. Only the '01/'02 GSXR 1000 is different (but usable).

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, do I absolutly need to get a new MC if I go with some 6 pot fronts on a stock 14mm TLs MC? How well will things work?

·
Registered
80 Posts
UncleMeaty said:
So, do I absolutly need to get a new MC if I go with some 6 pot fronts on a stock 14mm TLs MC? How well will things work?
I would like to know this to as i'm looking into some real nice 6 pot Busa calipers

·
Registered
317 Posts
FWIW, 96-99 Suzuki SRAD 750 calipers and master bolt straight on.

Just as important for me, the union threads were all the same as stock. So, my braided lines went on without a hitch.

I got a set of front calipers and master for $76 on Ebay. Not bad at all.

Not sure why, but the lever is much firmer than I was ever able to get from the stock brakes (and braided lines). Even after numerous bleeding sessions. :confused

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
mzivtins said:
anything tokico post 1995 will fit.
but really from 2004 nothing will fit our stuff as its all radial pooh lol
As mentioned in numerous post... Don't go trying to fit Tokico 6-pots from a GSXR 1k.

As for the 2004 comment... The MC works just fine.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts