Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
interesting...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And just your size:lol

But seriously, it would have to be a total hoot to ride.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
there's one of those floating around CL here in Denver. It shows up every couple of months and the guy asks $2k for it. I had him talked down to 1350 just over emails which tells me they are a POS. If you think a 400cc DRZ is slow, imagine a 50cc :scared

edit: :doh, that's the same one I was referring too, I should really read more before posting

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Derbi is an Spanish Brand.... Angel Nieto won lot of world championship riding with Derbi :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrTucker said:
there's one of those floating around CL here in Denver. It shows up every couple of months and the guy asks $2k for it. I had him talked down to 1350 just over emails which tells me they are a POS. If you think a 400cc DRZ is slow, imagine a 50cc :scared

edit: :doh, that's the same one I was referring too, I should really read more before posting
hehe, yep same one. They are pretty well built from what I can tell. They are of course slow, but that's the whole point, slow motor, light bike, awsome handling....Probably not as slow as ya thing though - should be about half the hp of a stock DRZ I would think.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Well.. with some minor tuning you should be glad to get 10hp out of it! 15 If you really have a go at it and with no exspense (or time) spared you could go for 20bhp.. But it's still a light 2stroke which will be a high revving thingy, totally not motard style! More race style engine actually..

Stock DRZ is ~40bhp..?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the states a stock drz is 33bhp at best (I've actually seen a newish SM dyno'd). I guessed that with the 76cc kit and pipe the little derbi should be in the 15hp range (my wife's KX105 is ~27hp). My DR250SE is roughly 17bhp:banana

J

·
0 Posts
In Finland you get car licence when you are 18. First motorized vehiche is 50cc moped, and you can drive it when you are 15. These kind of supermoto mopeds are very common here, and there is lot of different models from peugeot, derpi and others too, they have pretty good brakes and handling.

I have to remind you that those 15 year olds also drive those things and they are restricted to only go 40-50km/h, if you remove the restrictors, it goes easy 60-80km/h depending on the model, also there is lot of tuning part for those models.

Of course everybody removes the restrictors.:)

and when you turn 16, you can start driving 125cc 10kW bikes. 18 and you can get big bike with 35kW, or if you drive big bike license straight away, then you can drive unlimited big bikes. yeah I know, it's confusing as hell.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
wow, it is confusing. Here, once you turn 16 you could drive anything. Pass your test with minimal training and you could hop on a Busa 5 minutes later....that's scary shit

W

·
0 Posts
there's a lot of those in our country too. All the young'uns ride 'em, and try to get chicks with them....which of course doesn't work with that sissy 50cc twostroke sound :thatsgay :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol Here small bikes are so rare, esp small two strokes it would probably work!

P

·
0 Posts
there's a lot of those in our country too. All the young'uns ride 'em, and try to get chicks with them....which of course doesn't work with that sissy 50cc twostroke sound :thatsgay :laugh
It was easier to pick up chicks at 15 with a smoker than it's today with a 1000cc sportsbike... :rolleyes: :laugh

We basically have the same rules as Jarkko said.

50cc scooters are everywhere, some of the marent even 50 cc, but 125 and upward... but looks the same.
I would definetly have a 200cc scooter if I was working in the same city that I lived in. Nothing beats a scoort in trafik :laugh

·
Registered
911 Posts
Freaking ROLLERS, as they're called by the Germans, I do high speed fly bys on them with the TL. They don't even merit a wave by motorcycle riders.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I guessed that with the 76cc kit and pipe the little derbi should be in the 15hp range (my wife's KX105 is ~27hp).
Sorry but I have to pop your baloon! These unrestricted bikes have ~7bhp tops. You really need more to get those 15. Cilinder/head, exhaust, carburator & manifold.. ignition would help pick up allot and you might have to worry about the crankshaft with a bigbore kit on it.. Probably another reed-valve too.. and change gearing! Over here they come with a rear sprocket with more then 60 or 70 tooth :banghead

Get a modern 80cc which punts out 20bhp easily and which is made for it. Or a cr (or so) 125 which will do 30~35 or so?

I know about scooters which are probably faster on the 150m then a 1000cc bike :devious

·
0 Posts
made some upgrades for you guys...:laugh :laugh its just a pit bike by the way, unless I put on my pink chaps and pink flame helmet for a run to the store:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet:thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts