TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have the TL 1000 S it has been throwing flames out the exhaust pipes and would not tick over a cut out every time I came to a junction I took it to be repaired they changed the plugs and caps set injectors and put new small round steal things it im no mechanic so unsure what they were but anyway it's ticking over now but now I've got loud bangs from under the tank sounds like the air box only does on deceleration anyone have any ideas on what's causing this please 馃檹

Registered
Have you had them balance the throttle bodies? Check the timing? Those would be a good place to start. Could be poor fuel to air mixture. Or an incorrect detonation issue if your timing jumped off. Might have those checked.

Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
Hi I have the TL 1000 S ....... it's ticking over now but now I've got loud bangs from under the tank sounds like the air box only does on deceleration.......

Have you had them balance the throttle bodies? Check the timing? Those would be a good place to start. Could be poor fuel to air mixture. Or an incorrect detonation issue if your timing jumped off. Might have those checked.
I tend to agree with Camma on the TB balance and fuel mixture.

The throttle body balance and TPS setting are fairly critical when it comes to smooth, low RPM operation.

Does this TLS have a Power Commander installed? Or some other fuel injection enhancer? Even if it doesn't, the OEM fuel tables in the ECM are generally not ideal, and maybe contributing to the problem.

Start with the TB balance and TPS, to verify the basics are OK. Then you can move on to fueling adjustments if no improvement is found.

I'm still curious what the "new small round steal things" were.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts