TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I lean the bike over I get a metal on metal scratching sound, any ideas what it could be? The fuel level sensor works just fine.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Yep, there is a breather top hat thinger that goes up inside the tank and is basically 8 inches of pipe with a metal thing on top.

the vibration of the TL power plant, mixed with the constant landing of wheelies has a tendancy to work harden and snap the bugger off.

I think it's just an anoyance, don't think it's necessary. Someone will post up a schamatic and show you.

take the tank off and flip it up side down and the bugger will fall out, or you can fish with a bit of wire with a hook on the end.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
We had a similar problem with the breather pipe.
Ours didn't make any noise, but one thing to keep an eye on is, if it comes loose there is the potential for fuel to spill/ leak through the break, travel down the pipe and feck your paint work.
Pop off the filler cap and check the top part is intact (on the left hand side from a seated position), then lift the tank, remove the breather pipe if necessary, and check the bottom as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have marked what I can see when I look into the tank, I can't see anything going up but then again it is pretty dark where there isn't any light :coocoo

I have been stalling at seemingly random places but I tributed this to either using the euro yoshi pc2 map or something being knocked around during the minor getoff I had a month or so ago, could the breather pipe be the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...the bottom weld let go on my TLS tank and dumped its contents on the ground about 1 inch from my exhaust pipe - fortunatly it didn't ignite...Suzuki Japan was quick to get me a brand new tank very quickly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts